Menu
Kevin_Llanelli
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Llanelli: Is my area likely to get Virgin

Hi,

I know Virgin is installing in Llanelli, I'm just wondering if/when our area will get cable as currently we have poorly performing FTTC in the area.  The postcode is SA15 4AU.

Thanks

Kevin

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Llanelli: Is my area likely to get Virgin

Hi there @Kevin_Llanelli

Welcome to our Forums and thanks so much for your first post! We can't wait to have you in our family so hopefully we'll be with you soon. 

We're not currently in your area as yet I'm afraid, we're just laying the cables but we have a way to go before we can install customers; sorry. 

What you can do is sign your address up for updates on our website here and you'll be contacted as soon as we have any updates or news about your home 🙂 

Thanks

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Kevin_Llanelli
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Katie,

I have registered for updates, however it's a shame there isn't a map showing where Virgin will be rolling out their services.

If they are currently laying the cable, is there any potential coverage area plan?

Regards

Kevin

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi there @Kevin_Llanelli

Unfortunately that is not something that is available 😞 

Whilst we may be laying cables in preparation, this will not always mean that our services will be available straight away I'm afraid. 

If you have registered, we'll be in touch whenever we have any more information. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Kevin_Llanelli
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Katie,

I suppose I'll just keep waiting.  My partner is in Swansea and has your 300Mb package, which is why I enquired (I'm currently peaking at 30Mb over VDSL).

Regards

Kevin

0 Kudos
Kevin_Llanelli
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Further to my original thread, Virgin have installed on Pembrey Road in Llanelli and a number of surrounding streets.  I've checked Roadworks.org and nothing currently logged on there for Virgin outside the main Llanelli area.

I kind of sucks that Virgin are 2 miles away from my location but there's no information as to when or if they will actually get to us.  Currently I am on a TalkTalk contract which expires on June 20th 2020 (7 months away) and would jump ship to Virgin if they got to my location (SA15 4AU) by then.

Regards

Kevin

0 Kudos