cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Live chat

Clisu
Tuning in

Does Live chat work? Have been a Virgin customer for only three months but each time I try to use Live chat during working hours it's never available. Does it really exist?

17 REPLIES 17

pb78
On our wavelength

Well I have just completed a 'chat onlline' and booked my engineer!! Thank you Virgin Media.  Though I shall not fly the flags just yet until the actual problem is solved!

Tip - I just kept retrying the 'chat online' button until it came to life but then it said there was a '47 second' wait period.......for over 12 minutes!!  

nicola11111
Settling in

I can literally NEVER get through to live chat. I dont even believe it really exists. The only reason Im posting here is because I know the forum is monitored. Actually, I'd just like a customer service email address like everyone else so I can ask how to have a returns postage form sent to me as it wasn't included in my new hub package even though it was supposed to be. Thats it. But no, literally nowhere on the site can I ask this simple question. I discovered that the only way to get through to chat is to say youre a new customer and then you eventually get through and they say that aren't the right department. This is driving me mental Virgin: youre about to lose a customer. Please dont tell me to take the old set box to the tip as on your recycling advice page- I know I can do that thanks

People have been asking this for years, and doubt it will ever change, the forum staff should reply in a few days on how best to get what you need

As for the live chat its under staffed and overused 

Hi nicola11111, 

Thanks for posting and apologies to hear you're having trouble contacting the team. 

We regularly review our contact options to ensure our customers have the best experience as well as making sure we are meeting OFCOM / CISAS regulations. 
We did use to have an email option however it became so over run with general queries that could have been resolved with a simple phone call that customers with more complex issues or genuine complaints were waiting long periods of time for a reply. 
Old set top boxes don't need to be returned to us so there fore you wouldn't get a returns pack since we don't need it back. Due to this, we would ask you to dispose of it responsibly. 

If you have any further issues, come back and let us know.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Well they are misleading about the working hours too. Apparently, Mon 12.30 is not between 9 am - 5pm hence not Virgin working hours Smiley Very Happy

a1.png

that is the default message when no agents available since isn't any queue system in place, just need to keep refreshing

I doubt this feature has ever worked. Does anyone have a screenshot of it actually in use?

pete87
On our wavelength

I came on looking at the live chat problems as it never works for me too.

when we used have the land line on the billing we always got call below 50p all the time it was only the few quid but soon mounts up, so after we did some investing on the bills we went to fully itemised bill, and then the funny thing was when we went to fully itemised bills them below 50p calls vanished.