cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lightning- everything blown up - virgin washes their hands

Gillyathome
Up to speed

Can anybody help me with a contact number / email address for the zero harm division ?

the chief exec's office is blaming "god" for lightning blowing up my TV and Computer...

does "god" only pick on 12 virgin customers at the same time ?

I've never had such a poor experience from any customer care team. been bounced

from head office to cisas, pointless waste of time.... they can't help.

457 REPLIES 457

Very sorry for last nights double posting..

I was in the middle of composing the letter.  while I was typing the internet in the area went off yet again...

I tried to click post but got an error,,,, more misery

GG

An Engineer visited yesterday.

he's confirmed I don't have cable problem from the cab. thank you for that.

The engineer now thinks it's a fault in the cabinet or a network issue.

my call has been passed to the network team to investigate, this was about 5pm.... networks go home at 4pm on a Friday...

they will monitor this over the next week.

I've had another entire week of broadband misery, yet again.

last Friday I was told to contact the engineer that visited me. if things where no better in a week.

I've called him several times over the last 2 days to say nothing has improved, and what's the next plan to resolve this.

he's a very nice chap and says  "i'll get my manager to ring you"... 2 days I've been waiting for a call-back…… NOTHING

so virgin are either incompetent of fixing a fault over the space of nearly 3 months

or virgin  just don't care anymore..i knew they didn't care before this anyway, refusing to replace my equipment.

since Mr Branson lives on an island (not canvey) and sold the majority of his shares to a equity firm. the level of customer services is appalling .

SHAME ON YOU !

Gilly17-08 speed test.JPG

That’s it !

I can't do this anymore...

You’ve broken me physically and mentally..

the last 3 months have left me feeling :

Scared, Shaken, Anxious, Fearful, Depressed, Discouraged, Dissatisfied,

Disgruntled, Distressed, Upset, Frustrated, Deceived, Misinformed, Mislead.

These are only some of my feelings. i could fill the complete page.

i find this a bit strange, as over the previous 15yrs, you made me HAPPY.

After 3 months of this emotional roller-coaster. I've decided i'm no longer reporting anything to virgin. bad as it is !

it's a total waste of my time. you either mislead or do nothing.

my 15yr contract will just expire on the date I gave now.

i spent Saturday begging the salesman at hyperoptics to take me on as a new customer. wasn't possible.

There arnt enough people in the area for them to make it viable... 1GB connection....wow

it looks like i have to step down from what was a super fine 320mb to BT's 67mb fibre. nothing faster in my area i can find

i may have to permanently cancel my skype guitar lessons if the bandwidth can’t cope.

not much point looking at pixelated sausages instead of fingers.

oh, on a brighter note

it's GDPR week this week... the 25th finally. i've alerted my contact at the CAB, prepare for a meeting.

Yet another day off work...YAY (not)

I can’t wait for the legal side of things now… my ducks are pretty much in a line.

I’ll keep the group updated as normal.

Gilly.

Virgin have missed the 30 day deadline for my GDPR request.

i'm writing to the information commissioner's office to advise them your late / not sending my request.

Gilly

self correcting this one...ive double double checked the ICO's rules for their definition of the 30 days

Example

An organisation receives a request on 3 September. The time limit starts from the next day, 4 September. This gives the organisation until 4 October to comply with the request.However, if the end date falls on a Saturday, Sunday or bank holiday, the calendar month ends on the next working day.

However, if the end date falls on a Saturday, Sunday or bank holiday, the calendar month ends on the next working day.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

My request my not be due until Tuesday now ive worked the dates out

Gilly

Well today came and went...…..the real real deadline line.

No sign of anything from virgin media, so I've called the information commissioner office helpline. (very nice people)

The ICO have given me the o.k to fill the form they supply.

it's been filled out and submitted with the proof they ask for.

The CAB, Ofcom and ICO's,  have been asked to deal with you Virgin. As you gave up helping me.

Gilly.  

How very strange the same thing happened to me, in the lightening storm last year something went pop. Which happenend to be my bloody pc/tv/amp/sound system pretty much my whole entertainment system went up in smoke ....... and you know what I get told . Frickin act of god . After a long drawn out process back and forth with phone calls,emails and even took the time to write letters. The answer was the same ! Good luck and cancel imo

be_fine

Hi be_fine

thanks for your support It means a lot...cheers for that. so sorry you had the same grief.

Virgin called today. yesterdays emails to the chief exec office and the ICO got their attention.

they have apologised for missing the deadline, and have now promised to send me everything I need.

they did say they don't record all conversations.. as long as they have all mine,, there shouldn't be any issues.

they did try and offer me another "VIRGIN CLAIM PACK" (again).

I declined that offer, saying you'd already played that game and didn't like it waiting for 2 weeks for the pack to arrive.

my legal advisors will be in touch from here on.

well done to the ICO, great job...

i'm still debating at what point I call the BBC local news teams,, I've never been on the telly...

or maybe a Sunday paper would like to run a double page spread with all the photo's I've gathered..

still mulling that over...

Gilly

Virgin called today with a curtesy update on the GDPR request, it will now be with me early next week.

Virgin haven't had any enforcement orders on the ICO's website so far that I can find... i'm sure they hope it stays that way.

The CAB called me yesterday to check on the progress of my GDPR request. I had to give the CAB the bad news that virgin missed the deadline.

this is now delaying our actions..

happier note :

My contact ends next month...

Gilly.