cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lightning- everything blown up - virgin washes their hands

Gillyathome
Up to speed

Can anybody help me with a contact number / email address for the zero harm division ?

the chief exec's office is blaming "god" for lightning blowing up my TV and Computer...

does "god" only pick on 12 virgin customers at the same time ?

I've never had such a poor experience from any customer care team. been bounced

from head office to cisas, pointless waste of time.... they can't help.

457 REPLIES 457

griffin
Alessandro Volta

@Kippies wrote:

@DreamOfCheese wrote:
There are some things that technology cannot do, and your username is quite relevant to just how much power a lightning strike has.
Power transmission and distribution has lightning disconnectors except they're absolutely huge and utilise explosives for the disconnection, they also need to be open with a large air gap between as lightning will happily jump. There isn't a way to miniaturise such things.

The answer is obvious- whilst you cant miniaturise disconnectors, you CAN stop it being an issue. All VM need to do is replace the central copper in their coax with an insulator, (ceramic or clay is good)  all will be well*

*Disclaimer for Gilly. I'm not saying its the copper in VM's cables that is an issue, and therefore they are liable. YMMV. May contain allergens highlighted in bold. Cannot guarantee Nut Free. We cannot accept responsibility for damage to vehicles on our land. No refunds without a receipt. Your statutory rights are unaffected.

Errrrr...... if the central core was an insulator, how would you transmit a signal through it?

How anyone can believe 100kA from a lightening strike can travel through a 0.511mm copper wire is beyond me. The strike blew the bejeezus out of a national grid distribution cable designed to carry currents thousands of times greater than a coax cable.
I have seen thicker wire in 50A fuses.

Trying to confuse the Lightening Strike issue with a parallel GDPR complain does not diminish the ridiculous nature of the Lightening claim.

The internal coax has a AWG24 core, with a 32ms Onderdonk Fusing rating of 348A. (1s 62A), Case proven M'Lud.

Disclaimer.

This post may contain a nut fruitcake.

Kippies
Alessandro Volta

@griffin wrote:

<snip>

Errrrr...... if the central core was an insulator, how would you transmit a signal through it?

</snip>

[REMOVED]  Encode the signal in the lightning! Your downstream power levels are now 20 Bajillion.  [REMOVED]

[Mod Edit – Inappropriate Comments ]

Blimey…

I wrote to virgins legal team 2+ weeks ago, in sunny Bradford….you know..

Today ….

4 Days past the 14 day deadline… a letter from virgin’s office in Matrix Court Swansea?

Virgin’s internal mail Pidgeon’s must have returned,, YAY !

Todays star letter is again from the same useless chap that i’ve had letters from before, he then did diddly squat.

The director of consumer processing & customer resolutions.

I can only say how heartbroken and disappointed I was to read this letter.

There has been no thought put into the letter you’ve sent me.

it’s insulting to be asked to, yet again - contact CISAS..is that the 4th of 5th time now.

what are you playing at !!!!!!

****************************************************************************************************

****************************************************************************************************

UNLESS CISAS’S RULES HAVE CHANGED, SINCE BEING REFFERED 07/2018.

CISAS’s REMIT – DOES NOT INCLUDE DEALING WITH POPERTY DAMAGE !!!!!!

How many times do you need to be told this… ???

I’ve asked you not to refer anybody else to cisas for property damages cases,Then you refer me again..

I guess going on your previous form, I wont be getting the phone call either..

Weeks and weeks ive made my mobile phone avail to you… you’ve never called!!!

reply from virgin legal small.JPG

Thanks for nothing, once again

Gilly.

Evenings all..

A reply from my contact at Romford CAB today about the lack of a reply to the letter sent a week short of a month ago.

my contact at the CAB is just as bemused as I am why, if I am asked to write to legal, I get no reply..

CAB have asked me to write back again, with the ref numbers asking for a reply.

this will be going recorded delivery again to the same address as last time.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

Dear Virgin Media

I am writing with regards to my complaint

Your Ref: VM Account No.: ****************

Our Ref: ***********************

Previously, Virgin’s CEO team wrote to me and invited me to write to your legal team.

My letter was signed for on the 27th April at your Bradford office.

The 14 day deadline for a reply came and went without any suitable / substantial response.

4 days past the deadline. I had been sent a “holding” letter to add to the pile of others.

Taking advice from Romford’s CAB.

I would appreciate a reply to my letter in the next 7 days.

Thank you once again

Gilly.

Another letter today from the director of consumer processing and customer resolutions.

This letter is truly staggering!!!!

this has to be one of virgin’s worst letters ever !!!

Are you trying to make me unwell..i nearly thew up after reading this nonsense.

How virgin have the utter cheek to send me this letter today, who knows?

Virgin have closed my complaint yet again , how many times is that now… It’s nearly as many times as you’ve referred me to CISAS I’m sure..

And yes you’ve done that again - even more CISAS. What a useless shower you are..

So I decided to call virgin and talk to this director dealing with my complaint, just to let him know I’m still alive and would like to talk, also re-open my complaint, due to your error closing it again. I didn’t get to talk to him…just virgin defence team.

The phone number virgin had stored for me wasn’t correct, that's why they didn't ring...Hmmmm

so I’ve fixed that issue..they can now ring me…so I’m contactable 24x7.

I then asked why if my letter was signed for on the 27th April at legal Virgin then closes my complaint citing any lack of correspondence from me. I suggest more internal communications… you com’s are very poor. check the Mail from april 27th you'll find an A4 pack from me. Swansea and Bradford aren’t talking to each other?…bit of a shambles really. The Defence team I spoke today told me to expect a phone call from legal team in the next 7 days.

Gilly.

reply to legal from matrix small.jpg

Sorry but haven't they already said your complaint is closed and to go to legal if you wish to pursue further? In this case its no longer a complaint, but a legal matter between you and VM Legal. You keep getting these letters as you keep starting new complaints, that then run through to the closing of the complaint. The letters are standard templates it would seem - the only people you should be communicating with at this stage is the legal team. If they fail to reply then your only option is sending them a formal notice before action then small claims.

cje85
Trouble shooter

Agreed. This silly cycle will just go on forever. The time has come to either take legal action or give up.

Anonymous
Not applicable
the time to take legal action or give up was about 12 months ago.

The only reason he hasn't is he knows he can't win.

evenings all

No Wez

this is the same case that has been closed before…

It’s the original complaint from 12 months ago.

Virgin close the complaint then re-open it.

I’ve spent 12 months following the crazy process, I’ve been responding to virgin’s requests in writing for 1year now…

If there is one reason for cancelling my call, a lack of correspondence from

myself shouldn’t be it…

ME ! not talking or writing… whatever next

It’s virgin that have messed me about..

Why ask me to write to legal, then weeks later close my complaint

Saying they haven’t heard from me…

You also have to give a company every opportunity to put thing right before going to court I believe.

So when the judge says “Mr Gilly” have you given virgin every chance to make thing right ?

I’ll reply “M’Lord here is an A4 folder !!!”

Gilly.

Yes you are expected to give the other side every reasonable opportunity to put things right before going to the courts - but this has now been going on for over a year, just initiate legal proceedings or give it up.

It seems fairly obvious to me that VM are going to stick by their Ts & Cs and are not intending to take any responsibility for the damage to your equipment, you've put in a complaint, made a claim, they've rejected it and as far as they are concerned the whole matter is closed. Every time you or CAB or anyone else, writes them a letter or makes a call, the thing gets re-opened, it makes its torturous way through VMs complaints department and you get sent out another boiler-plated letter telling you to take it to arbitration, and they close the case

VM can and will keep this going indefinitely.

Start an action in the small claims court and lets see how that pans out - although I suspect that many of us on here already suspect what the outcome will be.