cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lightning- everything blown up - virgin washes their hands

Gillyathome
Up to speed

Can anybody help me with a contact number / email address for the zero harm division ?

the chief exec's office is blaming "god" for lightning blowing up my TV and Computer...

does "god" only pick on 12 virgin customers at the same time ?

I've never had such a poor experience from any customer care team. been bounced

from head office to cisas, pointless waste of time.... they can't help.

457 REPLIES 457

From the look of the letter Gilly it seems they are saying they have come to the end of anything they can offer in complaints, and advised you if you want to pursue it then you need to need to go down the legal route.

As people have said above be very cautious with this, whilst you can limit your own costs, if VM decide (should they win, or you drop the case) to ask for their costs from you then it could be very costly. Although it is possible they might not do this for the sake of bad publicity, or they may even make an offer to save defending the case (which is a tactic some companies use to lessen costs without any admission of fault - its cheaper to make an offer to close rather than pay to defend sometimes).

Hi Wez and others..

Virgin last letter, asked me to contact their legal dept. not go to court!     Sorry if I didn’t Make that clear…

They gave me another address to write to the bottom of the last “star letter”.

I’m not sure why I need to send the same letter again ?? virgin not have any internal mail ?

Has virgin's mail Pidgeon flown away ? all keep an eye out please.. reward if found. 1p

Also, I checked with a legal person in the NHS… the CAB consent form ive filled out gives the

CAB power to act on my behalf. And yes that includes talking to virgin for me!!!!

Data protection reason, you gave in your last letter..Is NOT reason for Virgin’s rep NOT to talk to them… this is an excuse or more incompetence.

…. More shocking news!!!

My complaint is being dealt with by L-Plate learner it looks like…

Ive re-written the CAB’s letter, it now comes from me.

No more excuse of data protection excuses again please!,,, i'll be posting it tomorrow ..

Gilly.

Teabag... so sorry I missed your message... your post intrigued me..

a quick google search later..

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2019/04/23/virgin-media-boss-tom-mockridge-step/

your are an absolute star,, I didn't see that !!!!! you've made my day !!!!

Gilly.

You'd need to present the legal case to VM's legal team/debt anyway first - otherwise they can claim that you hadn't given them chance to pre-empt it needing to go to court. The complaints you've made to date wouldn't cover this.

I've come across data protection hurdles before, and with the new GDPR I understand why a lot of companies are being very strict on this! - probably a case of being very sure/covered rather than a learner.

@Gillyathome wrote:

Teabag... so sorry I missed your message... your post intrigued me..

a quick google search later..

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2019/04/23/virgin-media-boss-tom-mockridge-step/

your are an absolute star,, I didn't see that !!!!! you've made my day !!!!

Gilly.

Not really sure how this makes any difference to your day to be fair, he is moving back to italy to spend time with his family, someone else taking his role won't make any actual changes to anything that affects the average customer, remember, VM is owned by Liberty Global, they make the choices not the figurehead, so this management change really doesn't change anything

Hello all

it’s been a quite fortnight… since I sent my letter back to virgin.

Virgin’s last reply to me, totally ignoring the CAB’s letter asked me to

write once again to virgins legal team in sunny Bradford, As you may know.

My letter was delivered and signed for at virgin on the 27th April (recorded delivery).

The CAB requested I gave virgin 14 days to respond to the letter…

There’s been a bank holiday in between these dates, so to be fair, I’ve not included that.

Virgins reply should have been with me on Saturday 11th May   ..without a bank holiday.

Virgins reply should have been with me today at the very latest..13th April inc B/hol

I know virgin can’t count, ive already referred you to Sesame Street at least once before for learning to count… I would have thought the legal team would have cracked counting on more than 2 hands – very surprising.

I’ve updated the CAB via email to let them know – yet another deadline has been missed.

All this - Well ring you, then write. No you ring us. No well ring you. No write again…. It’s all very confusing. I write and you ignore.

Virgin has to be the worst PENPAL I’ve ever had !!!

Are you playing games now virgin?

Another day off work to talk to the CAB , JOY !!!

Gilly.

Well this thread as taught me something, as VM have no way of stopping lightning from traveling through their cable next time we have a thunderstorm I shall be pulling the cable out of the V6 box,

In this day and age you would think that there would be away to stop it even at the cabinet.

There are some things that technology cannot do, and your username is quite relevant to just how much power a lightning strike has.
Power transmission and distribution has lightning disconnectors except they're absolutely huge and utilise explosives for the disconnection, they also need to be open with a large air gap between as lightning will happily jump. There isn't a way to miniaturise such things.

@DreamOfCheese wrote:
There are some things that technology cannot do, and your username is quite relevant to just how much power a lightning strike has.
Power transmission and distribution has lightning disconnectors except they're absolutely huge and utilise explosives for the disconnection, they also need to be open with a large air gap between as lightning will happily jump. There isn't a way to miniaturise such things.

The answer is obvious- whilst you cant miniaturise disconnectors, you CAN stop it being an issue. All VM need to do is replace the central copper in their coax with an insulator, (ceramic or clay is good)  all will be well*

*Disclaimer for Gilly. I'm not saying its the copper in VM's cables that is an issue, and therefore they are liable. YMMV. May contain allergens highlighted in bold. Cannot guarantee Nut Free. We cannot accept responsibility for damage to vehicles on our land. No refunds without a receipt. Your statutory rights are unaffected.

evenings all...thanks for everybody input as always..

nice one kippies,,,, love it....

there is a technical reason why I got zapped... it's all in the CAB's letter they sent to virgin, the very same letter ive been forced to re-write

as thow it's being sent from myself and not the CAB. lots of replacing "the client" with "my". As virgin ignored the CAB's letters...

i'll post the 4 page letter on Friday so everybody can have a read..

Gilly.