cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lightning- everything blown up - virgin washes their hands

Gillyathome
Up to speed

Can anybody help me with a contact number / email address for the zero harm division ?

the chief exec's office is blaming "god" for lightning blowing up my TV and Computer...

does "god" only pick on 12 virgin customers at the same time ?

I've never had such a poor experience from any customer care team. been bounced

from head office to cisas, pointless waste of time.... they can't help.

457 REPLIES 457

I do wonder if the tin foil hat you were wearing at the time had anything to do with the lightening strike.

I do also find it humorous that the VM new build team are called "project lightening"

I have read through the topic/blog (quiet day) and did wonder one thing that hasn't been addressed - how did you come up with the damage at £2000 - were the computer and TV new? - because if not then you would have depreciation taken off any figure of compensation. Its not like insurance that sometimes will give new for old.

Hi ya Wez

you sound like fun 🙂 nice to chat to ya..

my foil hat is firmly attached with gaffer tape..not a chance of it falling off.

I also was thinking of asking virgin how they came up with the idea of sending a "usian" bolt though a wall.

that idea must be copyright to Gilly by now ?

My pc wasn't your Aldi / Lidal middle isle special,,, it was all top end components, unlocked i7 CPU, 32GB ram, 2 X GFX, 2 X SSD, 2 X 8TB

all kept cool with water-cooling.. Supplied by overclockers..

spec a similar machine and u wont get much change from 2k these days..

CAB's phoned me today for 20min's . we ran though the draft letter they sent to me today.

i'm tweeking the tekky bits and will send it back to them tonight..

Gilly.

Email reply today from my local MP Andrew Rosindell about my GDPR data.

I've never written to an MP before,,, first for everything..

andrew reply - Copy.JPG

2 updates today...

The Citizens Advice have emailed me, they have posted our letter to virgin media's CEO

I wondering if you will ignore them, like you have me ?????

I would copy/paste the compete letter here, but it's multiple pages... any idea's ?

the 2nd thing,

I didn't know you can search a company court history, to see if they have been taken to court previously.

A company called trust online provide this service.

I paid £10 for a report, this shows virgin lost 44 cases.

from this report, I've requested the case details of each of the 44 cases via a freedom of information request

to the Ministry Of Justice. this take 20 days to compile... after 10 months , whats another 20days eh ?

Gilly.

Anonymous
Not applicable
44 cases out of a 30 year company with 6 million customers. seems pretty low to me

and i bet none of them was from acts of god

Unfortunately any external links tend to be deleted - so it will difficult to post.

I think you will find the MoJ FOI request a little disappointing, you'll likely only to get back basic details of the cases. The Courts Service have a paid service so they will probably refer you to this. Happy to be proved wrong though as it would be an interesting read.

I think you need to start looking for case law made in similar circumstances - such as lightening damage - see if you can find precedent.

You could always PM people the links I suppose?

let me correct you, it's 44 cases they have lost at court since 2013 ..cracking track record.

are you up for your forfeit if your wrong... u didn't commit ?

Gilly.

Anonymous
Not applicable
if you are so sure why are you wasting time. get the court papers served to VM now and tell us the court ruling.

Post again once the courts make the ruling not just post of pointless action and hopeful thinking.

Hi Wez

sorry you posted while I was typing...

that's why I've requested the case detail information of each of the 44 cases,,,

maybe i'm not the first with this problem...

Gilly.

Your more than likely find most were default judgments after they didn't attend - cheaper to lose than attend for most.