cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lightning- everything blown up - virgin washes their hands

Gillyathome
Up to speed

Can anybody help me with a contact number / email address for the zero harm division ?

the chief exec's office is blaming "god" for lightning blowing up my TV and Computer...

does "god" only pick on 12 virgin customers at the same time ?

I've never had such a poor experience from any customer care team. been bounced

from head office to cisas, pointless waste of time.... they can't help.

457 REPLIES 457

At this point its only "your word" that they are withholding call recordings from you, whereas this is entirely explained by "They do not record ALL calls" so you'll have a hard time proving otherwise as you don't have access to these systems, and a 50% recording rate would pretty much make sense anyway, thats why you record them yourself if you're sure you're going to need them, aslong as you inform VM at the start of the call that it is being recorded you're legally covered aswell

So, like i said, unless the facts have changed the result IS going to be the same, while you might "feel" that VM haven't sent you everything you have no way of actually proving this to be true as you don't have access to VM's systems, and if you have already asked ICO to investigate then there is nothing more you can really do as they won't tell you what they did or didn't find and you'll only really know if they had more if VM actually send you more data

The onus is on you to prove you're entitled to compensation due to an act of nature, so good luck with that 😛

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

In terms of the Data Subject Access Request (DSAR) it does not help matters when filenames with a format of Call1_ followed by what appears to be sequence identifier have unexplained gaps. Consider discussing the matter with Virgin Media and/or the ICO.

A letter arrives today from virgin...

I am lost for words...

not again.JPG

I think my 46pages to the ICO of rebuttal evidence to virgin's claims they don't have any more of my data, has landed on a desk at virgin central.

could I point out a few issues

1) it's been 9 months I've waited not 8 weeks - back to sesame street for number counting

2) you've already sent me to cisas in error ,  ground hog day !!

3) you've taken all of my services away, rather than spend the time to fix them. not sure how I can continue to enjoy thin air.

if unlike the umpteen other emails from virgin saying somebody from the CEO team would contact me, then never did.

if you do actually call me....I cant wait to talk …..

Gilly.

@Gillyathome wrote:

A letter arrives today from virgin...

I am lost for words...

not again.JPG

I think my 46pages to the ICO of rebuttal evidence to virgin's claims they don't have any more of my data, has landed on a desk at virgin central.

could I point out a few issues

1) it's been 9 months I've waited not 8 weeks - back to sesame street for number counting

2) you've already sent me to cisas in error ,  ground hog day !!

3) you've taken all of my services away, rather than spend the time to fix them. not sure how I can continue to enjoy thin air.

if unlike the umpteen other emails from virgin saying somebody from the CEO team would contact me, then never did.

if you do actually call me....I cant wait to talk …..

Gilly.

This is the deadlock letter, you're not happy with what they said they are telling you to take it to CISAS and have them rule on it, VM won't deal with you any further after this point, so tell CISAS you have the deadlock letter and they will issue a final ruling which is likely to go in VM's favour at which point you can realise how much effort you've wasted and move on with your life 😛

Hi Shane

been there - done that.

check page 13 message 121

Gilly.

@Gillyathome wrote:

Hi Shane

been there - done that.

check page 13 message 121

Gilly.

Then its done as far as virgin are concerned, if CISAS ruled against you then thats the end of the matter, VM issued a deadlock letter which means they aren't going to do anything else, if CISAS can't help you then you're out of options unless you want to try and convince a lawyer to take it further, and i suspect they will offer to do it just to make money from you in fee's knowing full well it won't go any further 😛

I wish cisas had made a ruling, this comedy of error's would all be over by now..

it turns out CISAS cant adjudicate on cases or property damage.. as you can now read below.

I was sent to an arbitrator that couldn't arbitrate. not my idea !

____________________________________________________________________________________________

cisas.JPG

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

trading standard advice was to ask virgin for a different arbitrator that was willing to deal with property damage.

I did just that, I was offered a virgin claim pack instead... did they send it.... LOL NOPE !

Gilly.

Then in that case you're done unless you want to speak to a lawyer, case looks to be pretty closed

The CAB are waiting in the wings Shane, have no fear. they are ready to roll.

as soon as my case review by a senior manager at the information commissioners office is over (max 28 days).

The CAB will be stepping up next..

keep the faith 🙂

Gilly.

Oh i have no need of faith, but you might want to actually prepare for the disappointment that is the loss, at the end of the day even IF they decide to assist you in court the odds are not in your favour, and if you take a moment to rationally look at it you would see the same, by all means keep us updated with how quickly your case is dismissed 🙂