cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lightning- everything blown up - virgin washes their hands

Gillyathome
Up to speed

Can anybody help me with a contact number / email address for the zero harm division ?

the chief exec's office is blaming "god" for lightning blowing up my TV and Computer...

does "god" only pick on 12 virgin customers at the same time ?

I've never had such a poor experience from any customer care team. been bounced

from head office to cisas, pointless waste of time.... they can't help.

457 REPLIES 457

why did the isolator fail ?

a faulty isolator puts the blame back on virgin ?

Anonymous
Not applicable
maybe but you would need to insure your own stuff to cover that. Reading the T&C they wont cover damage to any connected equipment. I think the same would apply to any phone line, Or even power. any serge would not be covered by the company.

thanks for everybodys help and advice.

I'm a little unsure at this stage, next week I'm seeking legal advice - I'm fed up being messed about - nearly a month now.

I will keep everybody informed as to the legal situation - after I've investigated.

Anonymous
Not applicable
let us know I'd be interested to know if they pay for replacement or repairs.

Hi Gillyathome, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear about the situation. 

From your post it looks as though you've already been through our complaints process and they have settled this and advised you to take this to CISAS. 

If you believe the outcome of your complaint it unfair then use the Deadlock letter you would of been issued with to open up a complaint with CISAS. They are an independent organisation and will investigate things. If they believe we should accept liability and pay to replace things then we will as we follow their rulings. 

Hope that helps. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Fire it over to the media, papers etc. The Daily Mail etc would love this story.

Hi Kath

thanks for your reply,

I was directed to Cisas by virgin... I filled out all the forms etc..

cisas took all of 5mins to reject my claim - under section 2.2.x they cant help

me recover the costs of any personal equipment.

complete waste of my time... virgin then promised a claim pack that never came... so it's legal time me thinks.

I suspect that you will waste time and money pursuing legal action.

Also, if you are an "electronics wiz" how come you didn't know that an electrical surge is possible down a coaxial cable?

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

LOL I give out static shocks just by walking on the office carpet..

i'm fully aware of surges, I have a couple of 13amp surge protectors protecting my equipment. and a UPS

this wasn't your run of the mill surge... the V6 box when it exploded , it was brighter than the sun !! 

the BANG !! left my ears ringing … imagine lightning - in your living room.

is it my job to purchase surge protectors for my coax ? I had red type that only works %50 of the time the network manager advised me.

You are going tol make some lawyer very happy.

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.