cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Leaving after 25 years

Hannahman
On our wavelength

Loyal customer for over 25 years.

Im now retired, don’t use the landline, digi box has been packaged up awaiting delivery lable for over 6 months, my router is 10 years old, so I’ve cost VM nothing in equipment for a long time.

I asked for a broadband only deal, but was told if any services were removed, so would the associated discounts.

The £9 increase was the final straw, just can’t afford it. Asked for the same broadband deal they were offering new customers, but told “ No”

( I thought it was being made illegal to offer better deals to new customers, but obviously not)

So unfortunately, I’m leaving.

not sure who’s best to go with, so any suggestions will be welcome 

6 REPLIES 6

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Put in your leaving request and then VM retentions will phone you. You may well get a much better deal from them, from what I read this often happens. Remember one thing, if a deal is offered and you go away to think about it, you will probably not get that a good a deal next time.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

@Tudor wrote:

Put in your leaving request and then VM retentions will phone you. You may well get a much better deal from them, from what I read this often happens. Remember one thing, if a deal is offered and you go away to think about it, you will probably not get that a good a deal next time.

Leave (you get 30 days to cancel the cancel if you change your mind). As long as the box is ticked for marketing in My Virgin Media, you will usually get a call  anywhere from 24 hours later to 72 hours on average with a heavy discount. It also looks bad for the customer service agent in retentions if they don't keep you as a customer too as their stats affected.

Know what the competition is offering for example, NOW TV FTTC broadband at up to 80mbps is £22 and they offer a monthly or 12 month contract. It helps when you chat to any retentions people. If you live in London, you may have 'Community Fibre' ISP available who are super cheap. Without knowing you area, hard to say what other competition is around.

@unisoft wrote:

@Tudor wrote:

Leave (you get 30 days to cancel the cancel if you change your mind). As long as the box is ticked for marketing in My Virgin Media, you will usually get a call  anywhere from 24 hours later to 72 hours on average with a heavy discount. It also looks bad for the customer service agent in retentions if they don't keep you as a customer too as their stats affected.

Know what the competition is offering for example, NOW TV FTTC broadband at up to 80mbps is £22 and they offer a monthly or 12 month contract. It helps when you chat to any retentions people. If you live in London, you may have 'Community Fibre' ISP available who are super cheap. Without knowing you area, hard to say what other competition is around.

Just for accuracy, Now Broadband has gone up to £23 for the up to 80mbps/20 package (average speeds lower) from my original post...

Hannahman
On our wavelength

Thank you for the information, no one from VM has bothered to offer any deals, I have my leaving date as friday17th March.
 BT full fibre just arrived in our post code, and they are canvassing the area to poach customers, just waiting for one of their reps to knock and give details.

Its a shame that VM, like most big organisations, put new customers first.

thanks again

paul

Just had the email that they're putting my already hefty bill up by £21.50.

Sorry, but having recently gone through the tedious retentions dance, I'm not bothering with it this time. 

Haven't been using the second box, barely watch Sky/BT except for sports - which can be viewed elsewhere - my landline has never worked and I hardly ever use the bundled mobile data. It's doing me a favour really. 😁

VM's broadband is expensive and if there are better alternatives you should select one unless VM's Stream is suitable for you.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection