cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Leaving Virgin Media is not easy !!!!

timbojames
Tuning in

Advised VM by phone on the 16th June that I was moving to Zen Internet  and to expect a request for my phone number to be ported over on 22nd June when my new broadband went live. On the 22nd June, new fibre in and number ported over by the evening with my DECT phone plugged directly into the Zen router which logs all calls inward and outward bound. I was advised by VM that they would be in touch following the transfer to arrange collection of their equipment.  I then spent two days pinging back and forth a request to terminate my services via WhatsApp as their line was always too busy to be told that the number hadn't been ported over yet  ??? and closing off the conversation without answering my questions or request - absolute shambles 😞

Finally I got thru to someone on the 25th June to be told my services would be discontinued on the 17th July.  When I asked if I could be emailed this date I was told that I would likely be emailed closer to the official VM termination date and when asked about collection of the old VM kit, hub tivo etc...  Needless to say I cancelled my VM direct debit the night before 🙂

No wonder the lines are busy all the time as the leaving process is a shambles ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Given that VM are experiencing a net loss of customers it does seem like this experience is set up by design. It is a very common one on here. Maybe mention it to Ofcom if you get chance. 

Sounds like you have older kit so you might not need to return it but see https://www.virginmedia.com/help/return-or-recycle-equipment

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

Given that VM are experiencing a net loss of customers it does seem like this experience is set up by design. It is a very common one on here. Maybe mention it to Ofcom if you get chance. 

Sounds like you have older kit so you might not need to return it but see https://www.virginmedia.com/help/return-or-recycle-equipment

Thanks for the quick response cardiffman281

The most annoying thing about it is you cannot even email anyone when your logged onto your VM account.  With a leaving process this bad would anyone ever consider coming back if their new provider didn't work out ?  Not me 😋

Not surprised to hear I'm not alone - maybe I would have been better prepared for the process if I'd joined the Community before I've left lol 😂

But the writing is on the wall - after 20 years as a customer I can see I'm just a number 🙄

If VM spent more time looking after their longterm customers rather than showering newbies with cut price deals their retention might be better ?

Thanks for link too 😉 cardiffman281

PS. too busy ranting to notice lol.

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Cancelling any DD with VM is not a good idea.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Community-Natter/new-credit-file-default-affecting-mortgage-app...

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

FYI - No issue with cancelling my Direct Debit as Virgin will be sending me an email with the outstanding balance on my account on the 17th July which will be simply resolved with a bank transfer 🙂  Why they couldn't just send me an email advising that following my call on the 23rd June to terminate Virgin Services they would initiate the leaving process laying out what happens next with dates or likely dates payment etc I will never know 😐  

If they do this then there is no confusion and more importantly nobody's time is wasted making calls and faffing with WhatsApp messaging tennis.  Are they no aware that email is a powerful business communication tool and cuts through the chaff and ensures there is no confusion on either side ? It might even allow the support team time to answer calls and fully support their current users who really need proper support rather than WhatsApp tennis ?  One email, thanks for you business , sorry to see you go ......... and this will happen blah blah.....  Surely this would be easier ?  Rant over 😀 that's better !