cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just 10% of VM customers "very satisfied"

Anonymous
Not applicable

In a huge YouGov survey of broadband users by Expert Reviews. 

The survey's overall conclusion (sit down first for this one):

"Virgin Media really has to buck its ideas up when it comes to customer service, where it consistently languishes at the bottom of the satisfaction tables." 

Plusnet are the most popular in this survey. 

https://www.expertreviews.co.uk/virgin-media/virgin-media-broadband

6 REPLIES 6

m4rm1t3
On our wavelength

The recent price rise wont help, i mean it's not like it will give its workers the current 13% + RPI salary  increase

I like to use OFCOM's reports on complaints, and the latest in January 2023 has this to say.

• Shell Energy continued to attract the most landline and broadband complaints per 100,000 customers, with a small decrease from last quarter. Customer complaints were mainly driven by complaints handling (for landline) and their experience with faults, service and provisioning (for broadband).
  • Sky attracted the fewest broadband complaints, with EE joining Sky as the least complained-about landline providers.
  • BT Mobile, Virgin Mobile and iD Mobile were the most complained-about mobile operators, with customers primarily complaining about how their complaint had been handled. Tesco Mobile, Sky Mobile and EE attracted the fewest complaints in the mobile sector.
  • Virgin Media continued to generate the most pay-TV complaints; the main reason customers complained to Ofcom was due to complaints handling. Sky received the fewest pay-TV complaints.

My experience in that the broadband and TV services are very reliable and thankfully I've rarely had to deal with poor-quality agents.

Complaints-Tables-Jan-2023_Broadband-ENG.pngComplaints-Tables-Jan-2023_Landline-ENG.pngComplaints-Tables-Jan-2023_Mobile-ENG.pngComplaints-Tables-Jan-2023_Pay-TV-ENG.png

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

Ashg
Superfast

Why am I not surprised . Well I'm a bit surprised it's not 5% 🤣

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

@Anonymous wrote:

In a huge YouGov survey of broadband users by Expert Reviews. 

The survey's overall conclusion (sit down first for this one):

"Virgin Media really has to buck its ideas up when it comes to customer service, where it consistently languishes at the bottom of the satisfaction tables." 

Plusnet are the most popular in this survey. 

https://www.expertreviews.co.uk/virgin-media/virgin-media-broadband

With all due respect, did anyone need to sit down for that?  VM are if nothing else, fabulously consistent.  Going back even to the days of NTHell in the late 1990's, the business currently known as Virgin Media has always had a proposition that involved aggressive sales and marketing, fast speeds, on average higher pricing, and ishte customer service (with the important caveat that so long as you had no reason to contact the company then all was a reasonable deal).  A quarter of a century of consistency in there, as the VM name and Liberty Global ownership have not altered that equation in the slightest, and management still live in that universe where they had a unique proposition of fast speeds. 

Obviously with increasing high speed alternatives, VM's intentionally poor service may turn out to be unsustainable, and any loss of customer numbers then further exposes the weak economics of the cable network - but VM had the opportunity to address the customer service issues with a good few years notice of Openreach and Altnet growth.  The VM (and now VMO2) board will have held multiple "strategy days" in the past few years, and at each one decided that they were not going to change their not-so-secret recipe, whilst high-fiving each other over the "joy of quad play", and their outrageous and undeserved salaries.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Well Plusnet are on a roll in the big ISP satisfaction surveys with Uswitch now giving it top billing. Maybe sometime to do with UK call centres. 

The small ISPs don't feature in these surveys but some provide outstanding customer service and should also be considered by anyone considering their options regarding VM. 

@Roger_Gooner wrote:

Snip…

My experience in that the broadband and TV services are very reliable and thankfully I've rarely had to deal with poor-quality agents

…Snip

So Roger, you are admitting that VM have ‘poor quality’ agents, which, like me, you have not had the misfortune to have to deal with, no?

Now I’ll accept that when the VM provision works, then it is absolutely fine, personally, I’ve not had any issues for years - but, it does appear that there is no ‘depth’ to the customer service support, ie if the issue is not trivial and can’t be solved by a ‘turn it on and off again’ response, then there doesn’t appear to be any escalatory procedure.

And in way this is all fine, as long as VM have decided that they will only deal with the, what 90-95% of support calls which can be easily remedied by following a script. But if your issue happens to fall outside of those parameters, well, then tough, sucks to be you, no? Because VM’s customer services model can’t help you. But do they care? After all, at best, you are probably in the 5-10% bracket, so, maybe it is economically advantageous to just cut you off rather than expend the resources on better support - who can say?