cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation!

Bethany93
Joining in

My virgin Wi-Fi is coming tomorrow with yodel

i tried explaining on the phone to virgin that I don't have the box on my wall she told me serval times I don't need one and that my Wi-Fi box just plugs into a mains but looking at videos it's showing you connect it to a box attached to the way she said I don't need an installation team coming out I just do it my self on my wall in the living room all I have is a white box to plug a telephone 

is she right 

4 REPLIES 4

goslow
Alessandro Volta

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The VM hub that you will receive will need to be connected to a coax cable inside your home. VM will only send these out to properties  which have previously had a full VM installation. Previous occupiers of the property may have removed the internal cables. You should also have a box on the outside of the property call an omnibox. This may have been removed. If you have an omnibox try tracing the cables coming from it. If no luck you need to call the pre-installs team on 0800 052 1734 8AM- 9PM Monday - Friday or 8AM-6PM Saturday and Sunday

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

I think it's been disconnected this is on my outside wall 

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@Bethany93 wrote:

I think it's been disconnected this is on my outside wall 

If you were intending to post a photo of what you have found at #4, it hasn't uploaded.

If, after your investigations, you think your cable connection no longer exists, call the pre-installation no. above, explain the problem and request a VM technician installation.