Menu
banksy677
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Installation

Hi I am having my Broadband Router installed on Monday. I have had the cables installed to a box on the side of my house. I expect the installation engineer to run the cable to the area where I want the router. My current BT router is connected to the following 

1. Skybox 

2. CCTV server 

3 Smart TV 

4. Brush Gas Hive 

will the Virgin Router have the same amount of ports to connect the above devices . Will the installation engineer connect these and set everything up 

regards Graham 

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Installation

Hello

Yes the engineer will place the router where you want, you will to discuss the placing with the engineer.

The hub that Virginmedia supply has 4 Ethernet ports, the engineer will test the connection to make sure up too speed.

The engineer will only setup up Virginmedia equipment everything else inside of your house is your responsibility, the Skybox should just work when plugged in, the CCTV may work by just plugging in, the Smart TV will work by just plugging in, the Gas Hive may work with just being plugged in. The reason VM will cannot setup any 3rd party devices is they are not given any training.

You may need to just turn off and then turn on the device once plugged in to get it too connect to the internet.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Installation

The reason VM will cannot setup any 3rd party devices is they are not given any training” and the technicians are not covered by insurance. This is a much more important factor in my mind. 

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2
0 Kudos