Menu
CarlTSpeak
Wise owl
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Ignore function

Any chance of an ignore function on here, please?

There's a fantasist here who just posts utter nonsense 90%+ of the time and gets all offended when anyone brings reality into their fantasy world by pointing out the contradictions. It'd be nice to not have to read their latest work of fiction when browsing here.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
wez
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Ignore function

What does the add to blocklist button do on their profile page?

Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

@wez wrote:

What does the add to blocklist button do on their profile page?

All it does is stop the blocked person from sending you Private Messages.  It does not stop you from seeing posts made by the blocked party.

CarlTSpeak
Wise owl
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

The real concern is my coming on here after a few drinks and pointing out the obvious BS. Drama isn't becoming. 

I suppose I could just avoid forums when a little tipsy but it's when I do some of my best posting. 

Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

@CarlTSpeak wrote:

Any chance of an ignore function on here, please?

There's a fantasist here who just posts utter nonsense 90%+ of the time and gets all offended when anyone brings reality into their fantasy world by pointing out the contradictions. It'd be nice to not have to read their latest work of fiction when browsing here.

Just one?  You lucky duck, I have 75 users on my blocked list. Smiley Very Happy 

I keep hoping that one day the forum will get an upgrade to allow me to ignore their posts.

Disclaimer - I don't work for Virgin Media. I'm just another VM user trying to help out.
My setup: V6 TV box, Vivid 200 Optical fibre with Hub 3 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.

0 Kudos
chenks
Trouble shooter
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

75 people have PMd you that you'd had to eventually block?
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

@chenks wrote:
75 people have PMd you that you'd had to eventually block?

Not all of them. I started adding them years ago, before I found out that it only blocked PMs and have just carried on adding users in hope of a future forum change rather than expectation.  I think of it as my forum equivalent of Sheldon Cooper's Mortal Enemies List Smiley Wink

0 Kudos
CarlTSpeak
Wise owl
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Looks as if the person has stopped posting here for a while at least. 

Splendid. 

0 Kudos
CarlTSpeak
Wise owl
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Wishful thinking.

0 Kudos
chenks
Trouble shooter
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

you could just actually ignore the posts?

most forums i've come across don't really work when blocking posts from certain users, as it ends up breaking the flow of threads when you can't see all the posts - and the ones that don't can't block people quoting those posts which means you end up seeing them anyway.

also, what happens if said person starts a new thread but then someone else repsonds to it. it means you end up either not seeing the entire thread or only seeing replies.
0 Kudos