cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If this hacker attack or phishing fake news?

Markswebs35
Tuning in

Despite recent rumour on your web site about the recent e-mail server have been hacked into or there been some phishing scam e-mails news from your web site that another friend had said it’s doesn’t look genuine because there a letter ‘hi’ of the beginning of the virginmedia letters which had been sent to all customer, but I am complaining this I am ex customer of virginmedia & why couldn’t they even notify them by e-mail in the first place of the e-mail is going to be suspended due to both hackers attack & phishing e-mail on 27th October 2021? This is causing me to have the massive & biggest problems that I’m registered deafblind that I have to go through a hundred of web sites online accounts which it’s not easy for me due there I unable to get some web site online account password reset request by e-mail to my stuck active e-mail account which it’s shouldn’t have been blocked in the first place that I may take action to CISAS because of my deafblind disability that I shouldn’t have to go through hours trying to sort the problem out to no avail it’s very extremely frustrating that there is subscription paid accounts that I cannot get password reset because I cannot download my entire new e-mails  latest update from the server which it’s could cost me nearly £500 to re subscribe despite password e-mail reset is unavailable due to server being blocked  & locked it’s wrong.

if this info genuine or fake news from this web site?

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Security-matters/Latest-Phishing-News-09-08-2021/td-p/4791602

if there fake news please take it down asap it’s not fair from your web site.

2 REPLIES 2

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

It is a genuine warning therefore not 'fake news'.

It has no bearing on why your email accounts have been closed down since you ceased to be a Virgin Media broadband customer.

Please stop making repeated new threads on the same issue.  The outcome will not change.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

right Graham look that I’m registered deafblind that I have full Rights under the equality act 2010 to access the E-mail address as it’s had been working for over two years after I left virgin they were still active all this time & just had a bad frustration & severe stress that no one warned me until a friend sent that hacker letter onto me as virgin didn’t send out to longest ex customer term it is ridiculous that I’m going to send complaint in to ofcom because I am having great difficulty getting a few web sites password reset E-mail that it’s still registered under my virginmedia E-mail address which it’s not getting through as I’ve sent 27 test E-mail that the truth is still reach the e-mail server that mean that it’s hadn’t gone at all as it’s still safe to receive or send E-mall to that address. Have you any idea where can contact Google by e-mail that the virginmedia address is linked to Google account that I’m sure I should get them unlocked asap?

andrew.