Menu
THOMO2
Tuning in
Message 1 of 30
Flag for a moderator

I’ve seen reports that Virgin Media Customer Service is ranked as the worst.

I’ve seen a number of reports from reputable organisations that Virgin Media Customer Service is ranked as the worst in surveys among telephone, broadband and tv media companys, which has me worried as I’m getting Virgin Media Anytime with the landline telephone and fibre optic broadband later this month. I’m getting the fibre optic broadband as in my street there’s no alternative at present, despite fibre optic been available in my town elsewhere and I’ve still got no set date or year from other broadband company’s for my street at present and I’ve seen very quiet rural areas get connected before my street in a big urban area. So I hope that all the surveys and reports of poor customer service are proven wrong about Virgin Media.

0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 30
Flag for a moderator

Re: I’ve seen reports that Virgin Media Customer Service is ranked as the worst.

Hi I'm afraid it is a bit of a lottery who answers the phone, some are good others not so good, never fall for we will call you back, that usually means I don't have a clue, if you phone during usual Mon to Fri 8am to 5.30pm and go down the thinking of leaving us route you will get through to a person in the UK who know what they are taking about and hopefully will solve the issue.Regards Micky
0 Kudos
chenks
Super solver
Message 3 of 30
Flag for a moderator

Re: I’ve seen reports that Virgin Media Customer Service is ranked as the worst.

i could pull a survey result showing almost any ISP or Tv media company having the worst CS.
plusnet are very poor indeed.

CS is often deemed bad when the person doesn't get the response they want, whether that be right or wrong.
i would say ignore "surveys" and use your own experience to judge what is good or bad.

you aren't Thomo from DS are you?
THOMO2
Tuning in
Message 4 of 30
Flag for a moderator

How did you guess? 😉😉😞😉😉
0 Kudos
Rippedofftoolon
Dialled in
Message 5 of 30
Flag for a moderator

Yes I would agree based on my experience their customer service is poor, they got quite uppity when I insisted I wanted to leave Virgin as they were ripping me off and I was still not interested in their lowered price. 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 30
Flag for a moderator

news-broadband.

Highlighted
chenks
Super solver
Message 7 of 30
Flag for a moderator

@Rippedofftoolon wrote:

Yes I would agree based on my experience their customer service is poor, they got quite uppity when I insisted I wanted to leave Virgin as they were ripping me off and I was still not interested in their lowered price. 

surprised you haven't mentioned your excellent mobile 4G package that you got from Three.
has it improved from the 14Mbps down that you boasted about earlier?

Rippedofftoolon
Dialled in
Message 8 of 30
Flag for a moderator

I am a normal user therefore 14mbs is plenty. And it stays at such speeds when It leaves the house with me whilst Virgins is a big fat Zero mbs
0 Kudos
chenks
Super solver
Message 9 of 30
Flag for a moderator

@Rippedofftoolon wrote:
I am a normal user therefore 14mbs is plenty. And it stays at such speeds when It leaves the house with me whilst Virgins is a big fat Zero mbs

oh the hilarity at boasting at a whopping 14Mbps! Smiley Very Happy
good luck using that to watch HD content from Netflix/Amazon et al.

and i can assure you it's most certainly NOT a fixed 14Mbps you get. conjestion, wall thickness, buildings and line of sight to the mast will affect that speed.

0 Kudos
RobertIain
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 30
Flag for a moderator

Sadly, my experience of Virgin over the last year or so completely matches the picture here -  

https://www.theguardian.com/money/2018/dec/29/bad-customer-service-who-are-2018s-worst-offenders

"However, Virgin Media was our most complained-about firm, and customer service standards at this firm appear to have worsened significantly, judging by our readers’ experiences."

They might not have reached consistently 'the worst' in various surveys, but they surely look to be heading that way. 

0 Kudos