Menu
brooky_agb
Tuning in
Message 31 of 44
Flag for a moderator

Re: How soon can I sign up with Virgin for new build?

Great.. congrats! Hope there isn't too much snagging.

Yeah I got the receipt email but that's it.

0 Kudos
brooky_agb
Tuning in
Message 32 of 44
Flag for a moderator

Hope the move has gone ok. Are you happy with Linden Homes build quality so far?
0 Kudos
SadieMarieW
Joining in
Message 33 of 44
Flag for a moderator

Hey Neighbours Smiley Happy

Have either of you had any joy with this yet? We are round at number 11 and so far, aside from the generic response to the Virgin form, they have been pretty clueless if we ring and chase progress!

Not sure how much longer I can keep a 14 year old happy on a 4g network. Openreach are doing something to connect the house today apparently, but we might be stuck with opting for BT if we can't get a reasonable answer from Virgin.

0 Kudos
brooky_agb
Tuning in
Message 34 of 44
Flag for a moderator

We are currently renting but we will move into plot 133 in April. If you mean plot 11 then we have the same house. We were actually up there yesterday picking kitchen etc..  Not long now!!

Hope you get connected soon. 

0 Kudos
SadieMarieW
Joining in
Message 35 of 44
Flag for a moderator

I do mean plot 11 Smiley Happy The Wells? It's really lovely and so far, snagging has been very minimal.

Openreach came and connected the house this morning so we gave Virgin a call back and my husband said he was told that it's still going to be a while before they do anything so we're going to go with BT, which are offering up to 300mb so hopefully should be good!

0 Kudos
brooky_agb
Tuning in
Message 36 of 44
Flag for a moderator

How funny you beat us to plot 11. I was keen to reserve but my wife was away for the weekend and we missed out.. well done for moving fast. All's well that ends well. 

Great news you have had minimal snagging.. That's fab and great to have BT connected as it will be quick too. Maybe VM next year. Smiley Happy 

All the best, 

Al

0 Kudos
SadieMarieW
Joining in
Message 37 of 44
Flag for a moderator

Yes, it's all looking positive with BT, they tell me it's their new ultra-fast connection here. Now I have to cancel my old Virgin one though - Silly them!

We've just had our blinds put in downstairs so it's starting to feel more like home and less like a viewing gallery Smiley LOL 

Good luck with your move, hope it all goes smoothly!

0 Kudos
brooky_agb
Tuning in
Message 38 of 44
Flag for a moderator

Blinds are first on our list too as the kitchen isn't very private. We are planning to knock through from bedroom 1 into bedroom 5 to have a dressing room.

Great to hear BT have such a good option too. I'll look into it as an alternative.
0 Kudos
SadieMarieW
Joining in
Message 39 of 44
Flag for a moderator

Yeah it's lovely having all the light from being on the corner but very on display. Blinds make a big difference.

We plan to do the same with bedroom 5! Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
brooky_agb
Tuning in
Message 40 of 44
Flag for a moderator

Great minds think alike. Shame linden won't do it for us.

We keep changing ideas but think we will put a partition wall in from the airing cupboard corner of bedroom 5 to bedroom 4 making a cupboard from the landing. Then an opening from bedroom 1 to bedroom 5.
0 Kudos