Menu
brooky_agb
Tuning in
Message 21 of 31
Flag for a moderator

Re: How soon can I sign up with Virgin for new build?

.. what we DIDN'T tell them on reservation was that we had lost part of our chain (4 house sales) and actually we were not proceed-able at all. Thankfully it all came together and worked out. 

0 Kudos
kirts
Tuning in
Message 22 of 31
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for your quick reply. You now got me worried about the incentives as I received quite a few of them including stamp duty. I will definitely have a look at it, thank you.

Keep in mind that once you sign the contract, anything that the sales people have told you becomes invalid (it is actually in the contract) and you cannot pursue them in the court. From my experience, I wouldn't advice to trust anything that was only said verbally.

I'm glad that everything turned out to be ok for you Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
brooky_agb
Tuning in
Message 23 of 31
Flag for a moderator

I don't think you need to worry. I'm sure you have a good solicitor and make sure you use them to clarify any concerns.

Great result getting stamp duty paid! Don't forget that since yesterday as a first time buyer you will be exempt from the first £300k of stamp duty!! Might be worth asking your solicitor how that affects you since they offered to pay it. 

0 Kudos
brooky_agb
Tuning in
Message 24 of 31
Flag for a moderator

Getting back on topic a bit (sorry I waffle).. you could contact the Virgin Media Liaison Officer for an update. Details are publicly available here:

http://plan.scambs.gov.uk/swiftlg/MediaTemp/1144718-678848.pdf

0 Kudos
kirts
Tuning in
Message 25 of 31
Flag for a moderator

So in regards to the stamp duty, they want to revise the document and it does not affect me in any way other than them paying less.

Thank you for the link that you provided, I will definitely contact the Virgin Media Liaison Office for an update and I will make sure to update here.
brooky_agb
Tuning in
Message 26 of 31
Flag for a moderator

I suppose that's fair enough.

Looking forward to hearing if you get any information. Out of interest did they give you any particular packages to choose from? I expect they are the same as the website with 3 months trial.
0 Kudos
brooky_agb
Tuning in
Message 27 of 31
Flag for a moderator

Coincidentally I was just sent the form and packages via email. No mention of prices after three months unless I couldn't see it on my phone. I'm keen on business 300.
0 Kudos
kirts
Tuning in
Message 28 of 31
Flag for a moderator

Sorry the slow reply, it's been quite a busy period with everything that happened. I decided to go ahead with the purchase and everything was rushed Smiley Surprised

I was not given any particular packages to choose from unfortunately but I can point you to that discussion about the 90 days free trial so that you are aware: http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-TV-V6/After-90-day-free-trial/td-p/3471393

In regards to the progress of getting internet.. I have talked with the Liaison Officer and I was told that with a lot of luck I might be able to place an order from middle of January which means that I will most likely get an installation date for February. It is quite disappointing to be honest considering that leaves me without any internet connection for 2 months in the best case.

There is 1gbps business connection btw but it gets pricey! Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
brooky_agb
Tuning in
Message 29 of 31
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for that. Let's hope that does come together! Sounds like you are just about moving in?

Did you see this? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8BfT3lHYh8M

He uploads a video every few months of Northstowe progress.

I have returned the form to get Virgin connected to our house but no confirmation. 

0 Kudos
kirts
Tuning in
Message 30 of 31
Flag for a moderator

I'm already in the process of moving in Smiley Happy

Thanks for that video, I have seen the previous videos that he uploaded but not this one.

In regards to the form, did you e-mail the two addresses as instructed? I got a confirmation e-mail after a couple of days. Mind you, this is simply a redirected e-mail to the homebuilder team of Virgin Media so I don't think the issue with the internet has been escalated as presented.

0 Kudos