cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Had To Leave

Knightsy1
Tuning in

Got to the stage where I have had to leave Virgin Media.  Have absorbed the price increases over the years but the latest one to over £170.00 a month was too much.  I have the Bigger bundle + Sports & Movies SD but have got something very similar with BT for £92.00 a month.  When calling to cancel (and I add the guy I dealt with was very abrupt and rude) I didn't even given them the chance to reduce it.  Firstly I don't think that they could match BT and secondly I am fed up with being taken for a ride.  I've been a member of Virgin Media since they formed and was with all the predecessor companies eg NTL World, Cable Vision since 1994 ie the best part of 27 years.  Have never been offered anything for being a loyal customer and prices have gone up year on year to the extent I am not prepared to accept them anymore.  Does anyone else pay in the region of £170.00 for their package who has been with Virgin for some time?  

6 REPLIES 6

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I'm sure if you asked enough VM customers who hadn't renegotiated their package in many years and had enough services and additional TV boxes etc, then you could find someone who pays that amount. I've had a quick play with the bundle builder website, throwing every additional service I can think of (but keeping mobile out of it, to avoid UO) and I've got a standard price of £172r re

You may hear back from outbound retentions now that you've given your notice, but if your "very similar" package with BT suits your requirements, then just make sure your install date with them is before your VM disconnection date.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Many thanks for your reply - I`m having BT installed on the 29th July and leave Virgin on the 31st.

It's unlikely it will be the same package since BT only offer freeview

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

BT uses a Freeview basic service, but does offer additional channels as IP-based so - effectively - a streaming platform for their premium channels.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

jamesofmerton
Super solver
'Does anyone else pay in the region of £170.00 for their package who has been with Virgin for some time? '

yes we do as does our next door neighbour. she pays £201.00 although that does include Man U TV I think.

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

As japitts has suggested - be prepared from a callback from the VM retentions team who will offer you a better deal if you stay. If you just want out then say no and thats that.

If you want to hear what they can offer... have your ducks in a row on what services you want and what you think is a price you would accept. Look at the VM new customer prices for your package as a starter. You wont get that but you might get it for just a few quid more.  See how it compares to the BT deal (which will be for less services - you can always remove them from you VM package to get the price down too

You can always say no thanks to this as well of course.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.