cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting a better deal

CastShirley
Tuning in

With the news that my tv and broadband package will be going up by £11 from April, what do you think my chances are if getting a better deal with them? Other providers are doing much better deals with more fir a lot less money. Has anyone successfully got a better deal after threatening to leave virgin? 

6 REPLIES 6

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

A VFAQ this one.

If you have quotes for your services from other providers, then call VM retentions and offer to cancel your services unless they can agree a price that you're happy with.

If they do - then accept it there & then. If not - give your 30days notice and sign up with the alternative supplier.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks , how likely are virgin to give a better deal in comparison other providers? 

@CastShirley wrote:

Thanks , how likely are virgin to give a better deal in comparison other providers? 

Impossible to answer that as VM's 'deals' change throughout each day and per customer (based on how likely they think you are to leave).

Only way you will find out is to ask VM and see what they offer.

Try this useful advice from Andrew-G at message #5 below on the business of negotiating with VM

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Managing-Your-Account-Cable/Why-oh-why-does-loyalty-get-punishe...

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

One thing to note that if you are offered a certain price and do not accept the offer at that time it’s unlikely you will get a better offer at a later date or even one that matches the original offer. Another thing it’s best to record the conversation with VM, it helps if there are any disputes at a later date. You must advise VM you are recording the conversation. 

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

@Tudor wrote:

…. You must advise VM you are recording the conversation. 

No, not necessarily no, there is actually no onus to to do so.

Now the Law stipulates that if you do make an unsolicited recording that ends up as evidential in a trial, then the admissibility of it is up the the Judge. However, unless there is a good reason for the prosecution to claim otherwise, then Courts do tend to side with the defence, so the likelihood is that any such recording would be admissible as part of the case. 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Valid points, but a trial suggests a criminal law prosecution. A contract dispute would be a civil case.

Admissibility rules may be similar, I've never researched it.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks