cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fed up of being fined for loyalty

MickyTwoShoes
On our wavelength

A few years ago I had Broadband, Phone, and 2 Tivo boxes I'm no longer aTV package customer, after a price increase I cancelled and switched to Freesat & Freeview. I tried to cancel the phone line (don't even have a phone connected) but was told that by overall cost would increase, go figure how that works?

I'm now being hit with yet another increase for sticking with Virgin, however if I was a new customer there are some really good deals to be had, around a third of what I'm paying. Does no-one at Virgin understand how annoying to loyal customers this is. My contract is now at an end and my time as a loyal customer I feel is also coming to and end, as I look for a company that understands that loyalty is a two way thing.

21 REPLIES 21

VM operates in a competitve environment and is well aware that customers have the choice of other operators or ending their contracts. I think we should recall what VM did during the pandemic to assist customers, including:

• providing a bunch of extra channels including Sky History HD at no cost
  • providing NHS staff with free broadband speed boosts as well as mobile upgrades
  • providing vulnerable customers with unlimited minutes and a monthly 10Gb data boost
  • providing free mobile access to NHS websites

My expectation is that VM will do what it can to hang onto customers in what promises to be a difficult period until next summer. Of course there will always be some who cannot afford to be Pay TV customers, and should switch to Freeview or Freesat.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

@Roger_Gooner wrote:

VM operates in a competitve environment and is well aware that customers have the choice of other operators or ending their contracts. I think we should recall what VM did during the pandemic to assist customers, including:

• providing a bunch of extra channels including Sky History HD at no cost
  • providing NHS staff with free broadband speed boosts as well as mobile upgrades
  • providing vulnerable customers with unlimited minutes and a monthly 10Gb data boost
  • providing free mobile access to NHS websites

My expectation is that VM will do what it can to hang onto customers in what promises to be a difficult period until next summer. Of course there will always be some who cannot afford to be Pay TV customers, and should switch to Freeview or Freesat.

Well the previous world pandemic was 1920 so I wait with bated breath for the next free VM upgrades in 100 + years 😂