Menu
liz13
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Fed Up with VM

We have been having problems with not being able to access our account for months now. Carn't see a bill, amend package nothing. God knows how many phone calls we have made to VM but nothing gets solved. Now to cap it off unable to access one of our email addressses whilst using a laptop (ok on iphone). Been with VM (previous diamond cable & ntl world) for about 30 years but not classed as a valued customer. Only yesterday they told me yet again it would all be sorted by 9.am today ( just seen a pig fly past my window). Has anyone else faced these problems? Getting to the point of maybe its time to ditch VM.

0 Kudos
chenks
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Fed Up with VM

you seem to have a few different issues.

the issue with email is most likely not a virgin issue, as you say it works fine on your iphone. virgin (or any ISP) wouldn't offer tech support for your laptop.

are you looking to amend your package? if not then we can put that issue to one side.

which leaves the only actual issue in that you can't view bills. what is the actual issue you have there?
0 Kudos
liz13
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

We had an ntlworld email address as primary email for the account got hacked and someone was using it to send malicious emails out (VM notified us of that). So we immediately requested to change the primary email for the account to new VM email. Impossible for VM to change primary email, however they blocked the ntlworld one. New VM email added to the account but only as secondary account holder. Being secondary unable to access full account. Since putting new address as secondary that’s when we were unable to use one of VM email address on laptop (no problems prior to that). We have since found out that the only way forward is for VM to close the account and reopen with new account in order to be able to access the account as the primary account holder. If that’s the case we are baffled it’s long winded surely they have the technology to just update the primary details.We don’t want to change package but it would be nice to see and print off bills and at least have the opportunity should we wish to change our package online through our account.

chenks
Problem sorter
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

but you said it works fine on iphone just not on laptop, so that suggests the email account is working fine. just that you can't get it to work on laptop.

so ignoring the email issue for now, what is the actual issue you have with viewing bills? are you saying you can't log in to your account on the virgin website?

please try and be specific about the issue. your last reply seems to be most about an email issue which is not what i asked you about.
0 Kudos
liz13
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

That’s correct unable to login to account on vm website because the primary address cannot be changed/updated by vm. We have two vm email address one of which can access laptop and iPhone (but not vm account) the other only on iPhone. I have read that other vm customers are experiencing the same problems. Going to give them another call today and if they don’t solve it I’ll be moving.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Legend
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I know that in principle there is no problem changing your primary email in "my account" on the web site - I have done it couple of times. There are a few recent posts in the other fora from people unable to register or access their accounts - VM are saying that they are aware of the glitch in the software and working to fix it. So if that's related to your issue it's likely to be sorted soon.

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
liz13
Tuning in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Finally after about 6 months and numerous phone calls (latest two hour call today) we’ve got access to primary account! Just the matter now of sorting one email access, not enough energy to face resolving that issue today. That’s tomorrow’s challenge! Still of the opinion poor customer service.

0 Kudos