cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Existing Customer Discrimination

daveconst
Just joined

Just been told I will have to pay more than the published price for a package because I am not a new customer!

What a joke VM, you really know how to treat existing customers.

2 REPLIES 2

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You will have already received a new customer offer when first joining VM.

You don't say which package you are on but if you are out of contract, or coming to the end of a contract then you should maybe look at negotiating a new contract to save money on your own terms.

You can check out the prices and what's available on the following page

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/bundles  

The lower price, which you are well aware of is the new customer price which you won't qualify for, the higher price is the out of contract price. By negotiating you should get something in between, if you do call then you can have a price point in mind to barter with.

Unfortunately you need to contact VM directly as the Forum Team don't have access to enable them to change your package. 

You should call  150 from a Virgin landline or mobile, or 0345 454 1111, options 1,1,4 and 4 Retentions (thinking of leaving us)  The best time to call is between 8am and 10am to avoid call queues, or late afternoon around tea time

Retentions (thinking of leaving us) are generally based in the UK, and have a greater degree of knowledge and flexibility, along with a larger range of discounts than the front line agents.

Hopefully you can then negotiate a deal with them that's suitable to your pocket and needs in exchange for a new contract. 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta

@daveconst wrote:

Just been told I will have to pay more than the published price for a package because I am not a new customer!

What a joke VM, you really know how to treat existing customers.

Yup. That’s how businesses work and make money. What’s your point?

it’s not discrimination - when you joined as new customer did you refuse your new customer discount under the pretence that it was unfair you were paying less than existing customers?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi