Menu
Mattyfire999
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Downgrading

Hi all,

First time poster here. Basically the new price increase is the final straw for me and looking to downgrade my service. Got a derisory £2 off discount !!

Currently pay £78 per month for tv, broadband and phone but since discovering Now TV it's perfect for my viewing habits so all I want is the broadband.

A new VM customer on the M100 deal is £26 per month but after speaking to a representative yesterday the best they could offer me was £47 !!

Put my 30 days notice in yesterday but is there a realistic way of getting the M100 deal at the price of a new customer??? 

Cheers for any replies 

Keep the faith people 

Matt

0 Kudos
chenks
Wise owl
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Downgrading

no there isn't, you won't get an offer that is the same as a new customer deal.
you were a new customer at one point and you've already had your new customer deal.

remember that the new customer deal you saw was only for the first 12 months, after that it reverts to the full price.

quite frankly if you don't think a drop from £78 to £47 is a good deal then you should probably leave and get a new customer deal elsewhere.
0 Kudos
Mattyfire999
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Apologies I've just read my post back and I dont think I've explained it proper.

The £47 per month is just for the broadband. No TV or phone. 

I understand the deal would be amazing if everything was included and I'd snap their hands off.

For just broadband though is £47 an average price for the Mgps?

0 Kudos
chenks
Wise owl
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

if you compare like for like you'd be paying not far off that price with other ISPs once you factor in line rental, and would be slower.

BT charge between £40 and £55pm for 80Mbps (which then increase to £48 and £63pm) - which they advertise as Average speed 67Mbps

mart1969
Up to speed
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I suspect Virgin will ring you in the next couple of weeks offering you a better broadband deal..but if they don't just bin them off and switch to a cheaper deal there are plenty out there Smiley Happy

0 Kudos