cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disconnection

Invader75
Tuning in

After roughly two decades of being with Virgin I've finally asked them to disconnect my services. I've never known such poor customer services. Constant promises of call backs that never happen. Being charged for services we haven't been able to use. Forced into contracts without our knowledge. Really disappointed. 

After we made the call to disconnections, who didn't seem at all bothered, a week later I've been having calls from a mobile trying to persuade me to stay and offering me cheaper deals. 

Is this normal? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

goslow
Alessandro Volta

Yes, this is normal. Those calling you will, no doubt, promise you the moon in order to retain your custom.

Only you will be able to judge how likely you think those promises are to happen, based on your past experiences.

If you have put in your notice to leave VM, you presumably have another supplier lined up. Are you able to get a FTTP connection via Openreach? IMO, this will be the game-changer that might possibly cause VM to mend their ways with regard to poor customer service.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

goslow
Alessandro Volta

Yes, this is normal. Those calling you will, no doubt, promise you the moon in order to retain your custom.

Only you will be able to judge how likely you think those promises are to happen, based on your past experiences.

If you have put in your notice to leave VM, you presumably have another supplier lined up. Are you able to get a FTTP connection via Openreach? IMO, this will be the game-changer that might possibly cause VM to mend their ways with regard to poor customer service.

Agreed. Doesn't look like at the moment. 

Wondering what people have been offered? What's the best deals out there on Virgin? 

Really annoying how they're not interested in helping long term customers until they leave. Terrible way to run a business.

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@Invader75 wrote:

Wondering what people have been offered? What's the best deals out there on Virgin? 

Really annoying how they're not interested in helping long term customers until they leave. Terrible way to run a business.

They might offer you a great deal to sign you up for another 18 months but your original post sounds like you have had other issues (which are unlikely to be any different during another contract period).

If you're a 20 year veteran with VM and its predecessors, then the assumption will be that you are not actually going to leave if you have threatened it in the past but not carried through. Hence, you are offered very little until you do actually quit or you proactively negotiate with VM every 18 months.

You'd have to speak to one of the outbound retentions callers to find out what they are offering and whether it is an acceptable trade-off against the other VM failings which you have experienced!

Do some shopping around, find out the best prices elsewhere for the services you want and then see how they stack up against whatever offer VM might come up with to keep your custom.

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Forced into contracts without our knowledge”, highly unlikely. If this was the case have you taken legal advice? I think not.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

I asked to add Sky Sports channels for a month then found out they'd automatically signed me up to a different 18 month contract. If I hadn't checked the small print on the email I'd be none the wiser.