cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disappointing Service from Virgin Media

MrRobot
Tuning in

So disappointed with Virgin Media, I have put a disconnection through after being a customer for 13 years, I was promised a deal by one of the agents and he needed to confirm with his manager and advised that he would need to call me back, I was in the process of signing up with a New Service Provider with had an offer on, I have waited for 3 days for a callback and the offer from the New Service Provider has finished who was also offering 1Gig internet speeds, and Virgin media keep telling me that the offer their colleague gave me they can not do and wait for the previous agent to call back. I have lost out on a really good deal from the New Service Provider as Virgin Media said that they would give me a similar deal but never kept their promise.

2 REPLIES 2

jem101
Superstar

@MrRobot wrote:

So disappointed with Virgin Media, I have put a disconnection through after being a customer for 13 years, I was promised a deal by one of the agents and he needed to confirm with his manager and advised that he would need to call me back, I was in the process of signing up with a New Service Provider with had an offer on, I have waited for 3 days for a callback and the offer from the New Service Provider has finished who was also offering 1Gig internet speeds, and Virgin media keep telling me that the offer their colleague gave me they can not do and wait for the previous agent to call back. I have lost out on a really good deal from the New Service Provider as Virgin Media said that they would give me a similar deal but never kept their promise.

Yes I get why you would be a bit annoyed. Unfortunately, legally, ‘promises of a deal’ are completely meaningless; the only thing that matters is that you are offered a deal on particular terms and that you accept it, there and then - only then is the contract made and both parties are now obliged to honour whatever was agreed.

Yes OK it’s probably too late now, what you really should have done is carry on and accept the deal from the other provider, remembering that you can always cancel it without penalty with 14 days. 

What would suggest is that you get in touch with the other provider and just see what they can offer you, if it sounds good then accept it. Then contact VM and put in another 30 day disconnection notice, ignore any attempts to get you to stay and make sure they process the disconnection request. Make notes of everything that was discussed, said or promised with dates and times as this might be invaluable later on. What ‘may’ happen is that you get a call back from outbound retentions who are empowered to make better offers - again though you have to accept or decline there and then, no thinking about it or I’ll call you back.

Unfortunately it’s all a bit of game, and you need to learn the rules and play the game to get anywhere.

John

Thank you for the advice John, will call the other provider tomorrow and see what they can do.