cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cut off point for new contracts and 2023 price rise

Scope2
Tuning in

It's there a cut off point where new contacts will not have to pay this year's price rise?

For example if you order FTTP from Vodafone after feb 21 you are not hit with a price rise until 2024.

I can upgrade to a new 18 month contract on-line on my "my account" page, but unsure if the price rise for 2023 will then come on top in a couple of weeks. If it does i will obviously not accept it. 

3 REPLIES 3

Dazzasky2001
Up to speed

I’m leaving as well, signed up to Vodafone 900/900 up and download speeds for £35 a month. Did contemplate the pro broadband option but not having any WiFi 6e devices thought there was no point.  

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

@Scope2 wrote:

It's there a cut off point where new contacts will not have to pay this year's price rise?

For example if you order FTTP from Vodafone after feb 21 you are not hit with a price rise until 2024.

I can upgrade to a new 18 month contract on-line on my "my account" page, but unsure if the price rise for 2023 will then come on top in a couple of weeks. If it does i will obviously not accept it. 

There will be a cut off date, but not sure if VM have openly admitted to it.  I'm pretty sure that if you upgrade now you won't have this year's price rise added, but you will be hit with RPI+3.9% come April 2024, and no opportunity to negotiate or leave before your 18 month fixed term ends.

However, be aware that as a general rule VM's online offers to existing customers are very poor value - phone up and say you want to cancel, push hard and they'll give you new customer pricing.  Knowing this still didn't stop me taking my business to an ISP with better customer service, and no price rises during my fixed term.

I ended up cancelling in the end. I've been a customer for many years, but the truth is, there is too much competition out there now for VM to keep their high prices.  I'm off to Vodafone: 900/900 connection for £35.