cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer service

Hankey
Joining in

is anyone else experiencing terrible customer service? Called at lunchtime, automated service told me it would be quicker by text. 5 hours later, still waiting!! Diabolical

3 REPLIES 3

MrPickle
Tuning in

I'm a new customer waiting for preinstall since 15 Dec (date of my order) and after 2 failed appointments from them I'm now trying to work out how to leave. 

As a quick example, I was just cut off by them a minute ago from a conversation to an overseas call centre after waiting 40 minutes in the queue to cancel my install. Quite rude!

The 'cancel your pre install order' link is a dead end in account settings, the 'how to leave FAQ' crashes my phone's browser, the text SMS number is formatted in a way to prevent direct replies **despite asking you to use it**, 5 times (whaaat) a VM person has told me that the installation would be going ahead "today" including one lady repeatedly saying I should be 'rest assured' despite my many reservations...

@MrPickle wrote:

I'm a new customer waiting for preinstall since 15 Dec (date of my order) and after 2 failed appointments from them I'm now trying to work out how to leave. 

As a quick example, I was just cut off by them a minute ago from a conversation to an overseas call centre after waiting 40 minutes in the queue to cancel my install. Quite rude!

The 'cancel your pre install order' link is a dead end in account settings, the 'how to leave FAQ' crashes my phone's browser, the text SMS number is formatted in a way to prevent direct replies **despite asking you to use it**, 5 times (whaaat) a VM person has told me that the installation would be going ahead "today" including one lady repeatedly saying I should be 'rest assured' despite my many reservations...

Honestly, I really wouldn’t bother trying to cancel, just assume that VM just aren’t interested in having you as a customer and sign up with another provider. Now if VM do actually get around to connecting you up (excuse me for a moment but I just need to watch this entire flock of pigs which are conducting low level aerobatics right outside), OK back now, then you can exercise your right to cancel within the first 14 days without any penalty, but you will know that the cables are there and (presumably) working, should you wish to try VM again in the future.

Only two failed appointments! Ah you’re a complete novice, check some of the other threads on here about the same issue, I believe the top spot is over a year’s wait so far, there may well be an entry in the Guinness Book of Records for it by now!

The being hung up on when waiting in the queue; now you certainly aren’t the first person to report this strange phenomenon, indeed they are various reports of people being hung up on in mid call, so you got off lightly. I can only see two possibilities, the offshore customer services staff simply metaphorically, put the phone down on you to get rid of the ‘annoying’ caller, but this at least lets them chalk up another closed call - and that’s the important point, right? Or alternatively, VM, which, let’s be honest is supposed to be a communications company (hint, they’re not really a communications company), actually has a call handling system slightly less reliable than two tin cans connected by a piece of string!

Not 100% sure which of these is the worse to be honest!

Still, I’m sure you are ‘rest assured’ (sic) that your installation absolutely will go ahead today - by the way, did it actually go ahead today?

At least we got to have a good laugh at this response, thank you! 

'Rest assured' will stick with me as a particularly low point in the exchange, but rest assured I was never fooled (except that one time in Dec).