cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer Service Success

Jon-J
On our wavelength

As I'm unsure whether I can post what might be considered personal details, I won't. However, if someone from Virgin Media can contact me, I'd like to pass on this person's details, as they need to be given credit for excellent customer service.

I'd previously called Virgin Media on 11 January and got through to an overseas call centre. I explained my situation, that I received an email informing me of a price rise, and that I wanted to change my package now, before the increase. After some hesitant back and forth with the agent over deals, I was offered a package that seemed acceptable, so I agreed to it. I was told that I'd receive the new package details in a PDF in 7-10 days. After the call, I found it curious that nothing was said about the new equipment which would be needed.

Unfortunately, by 20 January I'd received nothing from Virgin Media, and my account was showing that I was still on my old package, so I called again. This time I got through to a local customer service agent, one possibly working from home, as there were no background office sounds at all. She confirmed that the previous package from the 11 January call had NOT been applied. I wasn't happy about that at all, as I felt that I'd just wasted nearly 10 days waiting for nothing.

However this agent got me exactly what I wanted, and saved me some money on what was then my current deal, as well as the package from 11 January. I got a satisfactory deal, with 1Gig fibre plus a new Hub 4, TV 360 with Maxit TV, and Talk Weekend landline (which I never use).

It didn't feel like a sales call at all, just someone trying to sort out a problem I was having, after I'd obviously received poor customer service. Her manner was courteous and professional throughout the call, and she was clear and precise when discussing packages, and then explaining the terms and conditions of the one I chose. There was no waffle and no pressure put on me to take whatever she was offering.

She said I'd receive the package details in a PDF within 24 hours, and the equipment would be delivered that Saturday. The PDF arrived in an email about 4 hours later, and the new Hub 4 and TV 360 handset came that Saturday, as promised.

The whole experience was well above average for Virgin Media. She took what was a bad experience and turned it into something that was positive, as I'm both happy with the package AND the customer service. I don't normally like contacting Virgin Media by phone, but I wouldn't hesitate if I knew this is the type of service I'd receive.

Virgin Media, if you're reading... THIS, this is the kind of service I'd like more of as a Virgin Media customer.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Jomodu
Superfast

Just to add to this. I think the VM Forum team need some credit for their helpfulness in trying to help customers  within the scope of their department capabilities. As my time for re-negotiating my contract gets closer I have been monitoring relevant comments/experiences on the forum for guidance. And, to me, this team seems to be doing a good job helping all those who have experienced bad service.

I must admit that over the past 23 years as a customer I have been lucky on the phone - it all depends on who picks up at the other end. But, it is comforting to know you can resort to this forum when necessary.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

Jomodu
Superfast

Just to add to this. I think the VM Forum team need some credit for their helpfulness in trying to help customers  within the scope of their department capabilities. As my time for re-negotiating my contract gets closer I have been monitoring relevant comments/experiences on the forum for guidance. And, to me, this team seems to be doing a good job helping all those who have experienced bad service.

I must admit that over the past 23 years as a customer I have been lucky on the phone - it all depends on who picks up at the other end. But, it is comforting to know you can resort to this forum when necessary.

Jon-J
On our wavelength

My first port of call with most problems has been the Community, and have been rewarded with some incredible help from the Forum Team. As for the phone, when you do get the right person on the phone, the service is nothing short of superb. However, the standard varies so much that you can't have to confidence that you will get the right person.

If only, VM, if only...