cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer Loyalty

Rededd255
Joining in

Hi Folks,

I'm due to re-contract but I'm having doubts as VM-02 have no interest in my business as I am an existing customer, they are only interested in attracting new customers thereby excluding me from the latest offers.

I wanted to upgrade to the ultimate ooomph bundle, but that would cost me £20 more than if I was a new customer, that is so unfair and is making me tempted to take my business elsewhere.

what's peoples thoughts on customer loyalty?

G

16 REPLIES 16

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

All well and good but as Nodrogd points out this will just mean everyone pays a higher premium.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Not sure what insurance premiums have to do with telecoms?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi

Industries like this are not going to offer anyone a deal at a loss. 

By this I mean all they do is factor this into the price there existing customers pay.

Which in turn equates to not real value for money for existing customers..

The small percentage of existing customers they lose to this practice is negligible in the scheme of things.

This is why people are being urged to shop around. This is why you have sites dedicated to doing this for you for a small charge.

Unfortunately it cant work for companies like this where you lock yourself into a contract. 

What I will say is that if anyone is happy with what they pay for what they receive then that's all the matters.

All I'm doing is to state my case on a personal level of what matters to me. 

I really do not understand offering new customers a better deal than old customers.

Ive been with VM for 18 years and told the same about web advertised deals. Of course an old customer will be fed up with having to pay more than a new customer, its bad business practice.

So new customers may come and your old customers may go who cares, except your new customers may not hang around for as long

This is the same with BT so as I now have an expired contract I can take advantage of the excellent packages offered as a new customer with BT

Tata VM

@fred1234a wrote:

I really do not understand offering new customers a better deal than old customers.

Ive been with VM for 18 years and told the same about web advertised deals. Of course an old customer will be fed up with having to pay more than a new customer, its bad business practice.

So new customers may come and your old customers may go who cares, except your new customers may not hang around for as long

This is the same with BT so as I now have an expired contract I can take advantage of the excellent packages offered as a new customer with BT

Tata VM

It's how they generate new business sales. It's business.

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi

................ and how they loose business. That's Business too

'................ and how they loose business. That's Business too'

more join than leave. it is a successful business model that works across all providers. i'm all for it.