cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contract termination

Jammy20gem
Tuning in

Iv tried to call virgin directly a couple of times now, but im on the phone for atleast 30 plus minutes at a time. 

Im not happy with the recent price increase when iv been with the company for some time now, and also on 02 for some years. 

My issue is im having difficulty getting through to speak to them, i dont want to leave as the service i have received has been good but when competitors can give similar deals for less money. 

I want to know what my options are. Im no longer held into a contract with virgin

8 REPLIES 8

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Your options are to price up alternative packages from other providers, and then call VM retentions with all the facts & figures to hand. See what price they will offer you to re-contract for another (most likely) 18months, while having a "red-line" in your head at which point you're willing to give cancellation notice and then progress with an install with a new provider.

Forget all concepts of loyalty this, and "I don't want to leave" that, go into a negotiation prepared and ready to walk away, while (most likely I suspect) hoping to get a good deal on a new contract.

And for the record, you do have a contract with VM because you can't have live services without one. You're probably outside your minimum term and therefore on a rolling 30-day notice, if that's what you mean!!

Edited to add: Package change queries can't be done via this forum, and the "chatter & natter" section that you've posted in isn't staff monitored. Even if I was to move this post to the account forum to get a staff response, I'm confident they'll only advise you to call in.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

The 30 day thing sounds right, but im not on any fixed contract with cancellation fees.

Its just i seem unable to get through on the main customer phone line, even live chat is a waste of time. Do you know if there is there a direct number for retentions?

I just want to speak to an agent so that i can discuss this and my options. 

I was offered a discount on the automated line, but even that is now no longer and option. 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Jammy20gem wrote:

Its just i seem unable to get through on the main customer phone line, even live chat is a waste of time. Do you know if there is there a direct number for retentions?

If there was, then somebody else would have already found it, used it, posted it and it would have been "diverted" long before now...

150 from a VM phone, 0345 4541111 from any other phone, and choose the options for "thinking of leaving us"

There's quite a few people probably trying to call at the moment for the exact same reasons you are!! Perhaps try earlier in the day if you're able, before call queues have a chance to build up.

I know this probably isn't the answer you wanted, but.....

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thank you for trying to help and responding to my comments. Ill just have to try again tomorrow or keep trying until i get through 

There is no separate number. VM are not going to make it easy for you! You'll just have to put up with that awful "music" while on hold. It's specially chosen to wear you down! I got through after 35 minutes. Best of luck!

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Jammy20gem 

I'm not sure if the following is a direct number to Retentions, but the link <<< here >>> that I followed from my price increase email advised to call on 0800 052 2001

Calling at 8am weekdays, or 9am weekends  when lines first open are usually less busy.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

The 0800 number goes to exactly the same menu system as usual!!

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Thanks for checking @TresFrustre 

According to https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/  

TOP TIP: If you're struggling to get through or are tired of waiting in the queue, you can call Virgin Media's cancellation and retentions department directly on the freephone number 0800 952 2277.

The retentions team are often able to give existing customers the best discounts.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali