cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contract Ending: Renewal at same/low cost

Yesmar
Joining in

I'm wondering if anyone has experience with this.
My M100 package 18 month home broadband contract is ending next month, its going up from £25 to almost £50 per a month.
What's the best way to contact Virgin Media to try and get a better deal? Is there an email address that is good to contact?

3 REPLIES 3

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Yesmar 

Unfortunately VM don't have a customer facing email service.

Also sadly the Forum Team don't have access to regrade packages.

You can check out the prices and what's available on the following page <<< Here >>> 

The lower price is the new customer price which you won't qualify for, the higher price is the out of contract price. By negotiating you should get something in between, if you do call then you can have a price point in mind to barter with. Have some figures for other providers handy too to use as aa negotiating weapon.

If you decide to go ahead with that then speak to Retentions (thinking of leaving us)  on 150 from a Virgin landline or mobile, or 0345 454 1111, options 1,1,4 and 4 

They are generally based in the UK, and have a greater degree of knowledge and flexibility, along with a larger range of discounts than the front line agents. Hopefully you can negotiate a deal with them that's suitable to your pocket and needs in exchange for a new contract.

The actual prices can vary on a day to day basis, if you are happy with the price quoted then accept it as it may not be available again.  However if you aren't happy with the price offered then phone again.

You could also try the text messaging service on 0753 305 1809,  or WhatsApp on  0730 532 7112.
Please be aware that replies aren't instant from either of these services but the agents will reply as quickly as they possibly can. 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

jasonlcowper
Tuning in

Hi, best way I have is to phone but after 9 because you are put through to India. Haggling and if you’re not getting any where. Threatening to leave you will receive a call from the retention department that usually works . Good luck 🤞 

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
See this too

See Andrew's comments in message 6

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Community-Natter/New-contract/td-p/4888761

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.