Menu
Haris33
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Cancelling my account from abroad

Hello,

I've moved out of UK two years ago but I left my internet for my mates under my name. Although, they moved out and Virgin is not allowing them to cancel it without me. Now bills are overdue and there is no way I cancel it either. I am not going to fly to UK just to cancel my internet account. Live chat is not working, I've tried to call to international number but it says that it's temporary not working. Although, it keeps saying the same stuff. Any suggestions what should I do? In the email, that I've received, it even says that they will send my information to Debt Recovery Agency. I understand that it was stupid to leave contract under my name, especially that they're just ignoring the issue right now and throwing me under the bus.

Thank you for any help! 

0 Kudos
chenks
Wise owl
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cancelling my account from abroad

when you call the number was does it actually say?
0 Kudos
Haris33
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Number is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later.  

0 Kudos
chenks
Wise owl
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

the number i can see for abroad callers is +44 7953 967967
you could also try +44 345 454 1111
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hello Haris33

Thanks for posting on the forum and welcome. Is this something you still require assistance with or have you been able to get in contact with us to cancel the account?

It may be if there are overdue balances on the account that these will need to be cleared before we can close the account down for you, let us know we'rehere to help.

Rob

0 Kudos
Haris33
Joining in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I was able to contact them but I had to answer security questions and normally, as I don't live there for two years now, I couldn't remember all the answers. Could you please tell me all the possible security questions they can ask me? And also, they asked my password so it's password on my.virginmedia.com account, right? 

I just want to spend as least time on phone as possible as I am calling from Lithuania and it is very expensive so I would love to prepare to all the questions before the call. Thank you. 

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Haris33,

Unfortunately we can't give you a list of the security questions we would ask, however, if you log into your online account here: virg.in/myVM     all you will be able to find the information you would nee to answer all of these questions.

Thanks

Lindsey_C

0 Kudos
Haris33
Joining in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

It seems that I've done it! Thank you everyone for help! 

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Haris33,

Very glad to hear everything has been resolved for you now.

If you need any help in future, please don't hesitate to get in touch.

Thanks

Lindsey_C

0 Kudos