cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancelling contract

Murfy
Just joined

I want to cancel my contract. It was up last month after 18 months. When signing up I was told I would pay£35 pm after the initial 18 months, however, I now see my next bill is set to be £44! This is not what I agreed too and will be leaving virgin. I wish to end this relationship as simply as we began it and I do not have time to be sending a dear John to an address that may or (knowing greedy corporations as I do) may not be the correct one. I will not pay a premium rate to call you either and hope most customers would tell you where to get off with your underhanded practices. I do not have a virgin phone so, my question, how do I contact virgin by phone without paying a premium call or writing? Where is your "CUSTOMER SERVICE" number? I am about to cancel my DD so you will not be getting paid what you allege is owed. 

11 REPLIES 11

will do .i had 23hrs on watsapp waiting for a response when i did we started as though it was a fresh call after an hour of discussion vm offered £241 off my bill but have added another £140 so they just dont listen its getting too me now.....i will try again tomorrow they have given it too me in writing that i called in march to cancel but for whatever reason they chose not to....so its going to cost them...

I wrote to the office address specified if you wish to cancel in writing - recommended. It was marginally different to the address I wrote to last time I wanted to cancel and had my letter returned by Royal Mail telling me there was no-one at the address I gave!!. I also cancelled my Direct Debit but paid their "final" bill.

I then had a couple of mobile calls before I contacted their given number.

The result was very satisfactory, for me anyway.

Don't give up. They just need a bit of time and persuasion.