cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancellation

Penny77
Joining in

So, after a week of trying I finally got through to the cancellation department after receiving my email notification of a price rise. I wanted to ditch the tv and switch to broadband only but the call handler could only offer me an £8 reduction in my bill meaning I’d be charged £15 more than a new customer for the same service. So I told them to shove the whole package (politely)

I am concerned though that the guy hasn’t actually cancelled it. And he had no knowledge of the 30 day cancellation policy with the price rise. 
I’ve got a sneaky feeling I’ll be back in the call queue tomorrow. Anyone else had any luck cancelling? 

5 REPLIES 5

Buffer6
Legend

Just checking the 150 phone number this morning. All our lines are busy, you'll have to try again later, they must be dealing with an onslaught at the moment

I had to wait in the queue for just over an hour beginning at 8AM on Sunday last, listening to piped music before getting through to cancel.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Penny77 

It may be that you've only spoken to a front line agent and not retentions (the thinking of leaving us team) 

The front line team can't cancel the account and they are also restricted in the amount of discounts they can offer.

Retentions (thinking of leaving us) are generally based in the UK, and have a greater degree of knowledge and flexibilty, along with a larger range of discounts than the front line agents. Hopefully you can negotiate a deal with them that's suitable to your pocket and needs in exchange for a new contract. Or failing that place your cancellation request.

I suggest that you call again  150 from a Virgin landline or mobile, or 0345 454 1111, options 1,1,4 and 4 Retentions (thinking of leaving us)  The best time to call is around 8am weekdays and 9am weekends when lines first open and are least busy to avoid call queues.

They can also confirm if the cancellation has already been logged and the cut off date, if not either set it up again, or re-negotiate.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

It was definitely the retention department. And sounded like an Indian call centre which surprised me. Me spoke very poor English and had no idea about my price increase or the 30 days I had to cancel with no obligation. He did give me an 0800 number to call to rearrange returning my vm equipment but I did have to ask about that. 
mots now been 26hrs since I called and no sign of an email confirmation as yet. 

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again @Penny77 

VM don't generally send out an email to confirm cancellation. 

Most agents don't have access to emails and they aren't automatically generated by the systems.

It doesn't sound to me like the cancellation request has been processed.

If it had then there would have been no need to give you a number to arrange returning your equipment.

Returns packaging is normally sent out around 10 days after the account is closed.

A member of the Forum Team may be able to pick this up in a day or two and check for you, however they don't have the systems to process regrades or cancellations.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
You can also cancel in writing at....

Virgin Media
Sunderland
SR43 4AA

Include dates, name ,address and all your account details.

They say to also include your phone number so they can call you to confirm - probably to make you an offer to stay.

Do it by registered mail with a receipt for signature on arrival.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.