Menu
Highlighted
HomertonF28
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Cancellation of previous broadband

I recently took out virgin media broadband and was told that my  existing broadband with talk talk would be cancelled because I had less than two months left in fact I had finished my contract with them but we still signed up with them I was told that virgin would deal with this and in fact they haven’t and now I have a bill for £93 from talk talk after speaking to virgin I was told they do not do that and I have no proof that I was told that and in fact they will offer me a £50 goodwill voucher towards the cost is this the correct procedure I do know What I was told.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cancellation of previous broadband

The only way they can cancel your broadband is if you port your phone number over 

0 Kudos
HomertonF28
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

appreciate your reply thank you very much could you explain to me what port your number over means as I was informed if I have less than two months left on my contract they would sort it all for me and again this wasn’t done I was also told that I would receive a £50 gift Foucha I’m taking out the broadband with virgin which we haven’t received either when I spoke to them this evening the operator told me we will have a look to see if you’re eligible for it !

0 Kudos
chenks
Wise owl
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

virgin cannot cancel any part of your previous broadband, that is solely down to you.
they can take your your voice service on the line, but not the broadband.

"porting" means taking over your number.

who told you they would? if you have no proof then you're lucky to get any goodwill.

0 Kudos