cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancel contract

Teju
Tuning in

Hi everyone

As we know, Virgin are putting up prices again. I arranged a discount last year which ends in October 2022. I want to switch now as I'm fed up paying a high amount even with the discount and don't want to wait until October. Can I cancel now without being penalised.

Any advice you can give would be much appreciated.  Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The letter/email informing you of the price rise should include details of your right to cancel and the date by which you have to do so.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

14 REPLIES 14

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The letter/email informing you of the price rise should include details of your right to cancel and the date by which you have to do so.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Teju 

Once you receive the price rise email you wiill be able to call up  and give 30 days cancellation notice without having to pay any early termination fees.

Details are on the following web page

PriceChange2022/Broadband-OUT?utm_source=itg&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=cable_cus_em_pricerise202... 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Thanks Graham, but does this apply if I haven't received a letter or email because I have a discount? 

Apologies for being a nuisance!

Thanks Dave. Still can't work out if it applies to me as I have a discount. I pay £41 instead of £60 until Oct 2022. I haven't received an email or letter.

Cheers

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Teju wrote:

Thanks Graham, but does this apply if I haven't received a letter or email because I have a discount? 

Apologies for being a nuisance!

You should still receive notification regardless of your current discount as the increase will still apply to the base price before the discount is applied. 

OK. Thank you!

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again @Teju 

Just to confirm what @Graham_A 

I am in contract with discounts until October. I received the price increase email which said the increase wouldn't be applied until my discount finished but I could still cancel within 30 days of receiving the email without having to pay early termination fees.

Some people such as myself are on  a fixed price until the end of the current contract.

Some others have percentage discount, or an amount of discount eg £10 a month or £15 a month which means their price increase will be applied from 1st March.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

That's great Dave! I will wait to get my email or contact them to send it. I'm most grateful to you and GrahamA for clarifying things for me. 

I only received my price increase letter today, February has only 28 days  can I cancel my contract on Sunday or do I have to wait until Monday?