Menu
chenks
Knows their stuff
Message 21 of 26
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cable rework by building owner, who should pay?

the cut cable has already been rectified though, the OP has service.
what is being requested here, i believe, is that the cable is to be moved as per the building managements request.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 22 of 26
Flag for a moderator

with respect - whatever - you and i have no absolute idea really what [VM] they will decide - the OP asked a question about cost i answered it based on many years of reading on here - no more

the final decision is VM's 

Tony
0 Kudos
chenks
Knows their stuff
Message 23 of 26
Flag for a moderator

"whatever" - seriously that's your response? hardly continuing the inteliigent debate are you?
i'm basing my answer on what the OP is telling us.

facts are as i have read

1) cable was cut
2) cable was repaired and OP has service
3) building owners have said they want to cable put into a conduit
4) OP hasn't asked virgin to do the work yet

so if there is currently no fault and if someone called virgin to ask for a cable to be moved - would they be charged the £99 fee for the work - this is based on the assumption that there is no fault with the service or equipment - bearing in mind the cut cable has already been rectified.

and of course the final decision if Virgins, no-one is denying that.
if you want to continue the intelligent debate then feel free. if you want to continue the "whatever" responses then, as a true scot would say... go and bile yer heid.
0 Kudos
chenks
Knows their stuff
Message 24 of 26
Flag for a moderator

OP, may i suggest you just phone virgin and ask them to carry out the work. you'll get your definitive answer there.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 25 of 26
Flag for a moderator

@chenks wrote:
"whatever" - seriously that's your response? hardly continuing the inteliigent debate are you?
i'm basing my answer on what the OP is telling us.

facts are as i have read

1) cable was cut
2) cable was repaired and OP has service
3) building owners have said they want to cable put into a conduit
4) OP hasn't asked virgin to do the work yet

so if there is currently no fault and if someone called virgin to ask for a cable to be moved - would they be charged the £99 fee for the work - this is based on the assumption that there is no fault with the service or equipment - bearing in mind the cut cable has already been rectified.

and of course the final decision if Virgins, no-one is denying that.
if you want to continue the intelligent debate then feel free. if you want to continue the "whatever" responses then, as a true scot would say... go and bile yer heid.

the 'whatever' refereed to the fact we do not know or thats what it was meant to 

intelligent debate - hardly - a series of 'best' answers based on previous 'best' answers 

the OP has service as you say - that may be the bottom line as far as VM are concerned - what the management company want regarding conduit fed cables is one thing - what VM want or will do is another - they [VM] will assess the cost of and modifications to the network and decide accordingly 

as i say the OP has a working service - it would seem they repaired the cut cable - they [again VM] may leave it at that - as i said earlier i know of 2 such instances where they never returned - what should happen and what is promised by techs does not always get done

going back to the building owner - if he wants the cable in a conduit he can ask - if VM dont want to do that then it wont get done - if the building owned does not like that then i am not sure where that will go - its not down to the OP imo - assuming wayleave was granted for the original install then my understanding is the management company or owner has little leverage to demand what they want - they certainly do not have the legal right [afaik] to remove or cut the install that is now in place - VM own the network - the OP signed up to that as did whoever provided wayleave

debate - well opinions based on knowledge gained on here - totally correct - i cannot say 100% but is based on precedents - VM should get to the thread in a week or so i would wait for them - to the OP - ringing will likely get you offshore - that will do your head in - they will not have a clue what you are asking - avoid that phone call would be my advice  

Tony
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 26 of 26
Flag for a moderator

Hi Saifss

Thanks for you post and welcome to Virgin Media 

Hope you are finding the service okay 

I wont ask you what has happened as you have advised already what needs to be done 

I am more than happy to help with the external cabling 

If you can get back to me that would be great 

Regards 

Gareth_L Forums Team