cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CATV Identification

Snappy89
Tuning in

How do i find out who owns the CATV Covers outside my house. I want a dropped kerb and need permission from the company who owns the CATV but theres no way to contact anyone about who owns them.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Who at virgin do I contact? I called virgin number and they asked if I wanted sales or am I a current customer no other option to talk to some that may deal with this. 

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

Roger_Gooner
Alessandro Volta

It's VM (the only cable company in the UK) which also owns all previous cable installations from NTL, Telewest, CWC ConsumerCo, etc.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

Who at virgin do I contact? I called virgin number and they asked if I wanted sales or am I a current customer no other option to talk to some that may deal with this. 

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@Snappy89 wrote:

Usual process is you need to pay VM £250 for a survey. VM then messes about for a very long time with little/no contact and eventually they present you with a 4 or 5 figure estimate to do the work.

What, exactly, are the CATV covers you are referring to? The large concrete covers over an inspection chamber in the pavement are unlikley to be moved and/or generate a 5 figure estimate to do such work.

If you post up a photo it may help.

The VM forum team don't reply here in 'Community Natter'. One of the VIPs or a moderator may move your topic to another forum where the VM forum team reply and can take your details.

BB9B44B6-3FCA-446C-A800-34FB61B98E44.jpeg

It depends on the BS EN 124 loading group, if you're lucky the cover will not need to be changed.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection