Menu
jkprop
Tuning in
Message 1 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Broken box

I'm getting really fed up after spending over 2 hours on the phone to virgin.  We rent out flats in a house.  We have no idea which flat uses VM.  We have a box out of the front of the building with loose wires annd no cover.   I am tempted to just cut the wires,   Please advisejkprop

0 Kudos
chenks
Wise owl
Message 2 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Re: Broken box

are you not able to ask your tenants which one has virgin?
that would seem the most obvious solution.
0 Kudos
jkprop
Tuning in
Message 3 of 23
Flag for a moderator

I've tried that and they claim that they have reported it to Virgin

Thanks

0 Kudos
chenks
Wise owl
Message 4 of 23
Flag for a moderator

in which case they have done what they need to to.
it has been reported and will be dealt with in due course.

you would be advised, however, to not just cut the wires. it could be deemed as criminal damage.
0 Kudos
jkprop
Tuning in
Message 5 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Not really helpful. Are you from Virgin?  have waited 6 months so far.  As for cutting wires just venting.  As freeholder i find it annoying that any one can attach to my walls without permission.

Thanks for your answe

0 Kudos
chenks
Wise owl
Message 6 of 23
Flag for a moderator

no i am not from virgin, you can tell who is why the VM logo next to their name.
if you have been waiting 6 months, are you sure they actually have reported it? it sounds like they haven't.

do your tentant needs to seek permission from the landlord before installing a satellite dish? or getting a new phone line installed? getting virgin installed would be deemed the same.

as a freeholder you own the land and the building, what does the leaseholders lease say about getting services installed? do they require permission from the freeholder first?
0 Kudos
jkprop
Tuning in
Message 7 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Your responses are not useful, your questions are impertinent and
not your concern. Also if you are not from Virgin I suggest you do not answer for them I think they may like to answer for themselves. please do not respond to my posts unless you have something of interest.
0 Kudos
chenks
Wise owl
Message 8 of 23
Flag for a moderator

this is a commnuity based forum.
99% of response will be from community members.
we do not answer "for them". we gives responses to posts that are made, at no point do we suggest we are speaking on behalf of anyone other than ourselves.

i responded to the points you raised with valid questions. you choose to not answer them, that's your choice.

if you want a response from virgin your quickest method is to call them, however as you are not a customer you may find you get nowhere. if the box is faulty then the second quickest method is to get the virgin customer that is being serviced from it to call CS and report the issue (assuming the tenant thinks it's an issue that needs reporting).

if you feel the box was installed without permission then that is an issue between you and your tenant, as they are the ones that requested it to be installed.
0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 9 of 23
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Chenks is right - this is a "Community Natter Forum" - its not a hotline to VM.
If you do want an answer from them and discuss any issues with them you should call their help line on 0345 454 1111.

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
chenks
Wise owl
Message 10 of 23
Flag for a moderator

and the irony is the OP then sends a PM accusing of trolling !
0 Kudos