cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Artwork on Virgin Cabinets

withingtonwalls
Tuning in

Does anyone know who to speak to about securing permission to paint Virgin street cabinets with artwork?

We're a community street art project that have been painting unloved walls and shop shutters to try to make Withington a brighter better place. We would like to do same to unloved neglected Virgin street cabinets, like we did the traffic signal boxes, but Virgin is impenetrable. Posting on here feels as effective as shouting out the window at passers by. Does anyone have a contact, or number to call [REMOVED]

[MOD EDIT: Inappropriate Hyperlink removed, please review the Forum Guidelines]

8 REPLIES 8

LittleMick73
Superstar
One person's "artwork" is another's graffiti, I don't think virgin will respond on a public forum to set a precedent for people to deface their boxes all over the country.

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Painting of cabinets is not a good idea unless it is heat reflective. VM are moving from green cabinets to light grey (or painting them light grey) as there has always been a serious problem with overheating of equipment in the summer months. The lighter the coating the more heat is dissipated.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hello Mick. I appreciate that art is subjective but I asked who I needed to speak to about securing permission to paint them with artwork not if I'd get away with defacing them with graffiti. As context, all the cabinets in our area are covered in "tags". Thankfully Virgin have been in touch about addressing this and their artwork policy.

The cabinets in our area all black?

Any colour we paint them would be an improvement on that in terms of heat reflection 😉

Nah it would look tacky

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi

agree graffiti is graffiti.
Art is subjective. What you think is art others will see as graffiti

woodstreetwalls
Joining in

We too would like to know in London. Hello Withington Walls 🙂