Menu
Alexander1985
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Appalling Customer Services

I basically came here to have a rant and see if anything could get done on here as the methods virgin media use for customer service and complaints are highly frustrating and verging on incompetent....however after reading a few threads and seeing the responses(which generally just seem to be an apology and to point out the protocol and procedures) I feel its a waste of time stating out my grievances 😣.

I can only hope that enough people have voiced their concerns on here and verbally about the shoddy customer service and complaints procedure that one day somebody in the company with influence can actually take notice and action a plan to tackle these issues, which sadly leave the customer feeling angry, frustrated and generally fed up at being either lied to or ignored. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Appalling Customer Services

Hello Alexander1985

Thank you for contacting us via the forum and welcome to the community. It's disappointing to hear you feel this way, if you could elaborate on the issues faced we're here to help as much as possible.

Rob

0 Kudos
Alexander1985
Tuning in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Appalling Customer Services

Hello Rob

Judging from other responses I've seen I don't think you can do much on here other than apologise and suggest for me to call again.... but I will elaborate for you certainly  

OK, so, on the 6th of Feb this month I had scheduled a disconnection from this current property, as I was moving away. This was all fine, disconnection took place. However after me leaving for work for 3 weeks, when I returned I was informed that my new place was not ready for living, so I have to wait a few weeks. So I contacted Virgin on Feb 21st to find out if a reconnection was possible for a few weeks until my new place was ready, I was told yes thats not a problem, and as I wasn't sure as to now when I needed a disconnection, I was just to call when I knew and that would be sorted. OK, so I'm told on the phone by the agent that this was now under way, and it could take up to 24 hours, but to periodically reset my router every so often after 12 hours as its usually quicker.

After the 24 hour period passing and no connection, I received an email advising me to send back the equipment to avoid a charge as I was no longer a customer. Hmmm OK... Strange I thought... Maybe its just an automated thing, although I'll call again just to make sure all was OK. So I call again on 22nd Feb late in the evening, and was advised that yes, all was fine, but it can take 24-48 hours, but it should be on by the morning. The morning comes and goes, still no connection, so I call again. This time I'm met with an extremely rude agent who says "well its your own fault for disconnecting in the first place" before hanging up. I called straight back and my first words were  "I wish to make a complaint please". The reply was, can I ask what for? To which I replied, well firstly about the way I was just spoken to...... And then bam, call ended again. So I call again, rather calmly still explained my situation to yet another agent, who then advises me that the reconnection was filled out by the wrong department, and he will log my complaint and put me through to the correct department to start the reconnection again. (Highly frustrating) OK, so I'm put through to an agent called Ben in the movers team, who begins the reconnection process again. He assures me that he has "elavated the process" due to what's happened, and "guarantees" the services will be up in 24 hours or less.

Surprise Surprise.... 24 hours passes... No services still. I call again this morning, only to be met with more excuses, lying, trying to cover up things, being passes between 6 different agents and departments, being told different time scales  different reasons why, and basically just reading off the script instead of listening, and offering an honest solution and answer. Eventually  after almost 2 hours of being on the phone  I was told I was being put through to a senior, where aglfter waiting another half an hour on hold....... I was cut off and hung up again. 

Bravo Virgin. Bravo. I literally couldn't ring back again because my attitude and language would've been so bad I would've let myself down and I would not let that happen. 

And no.... My services are still not back up and running. 

Regards Alex

0 Kudos