Menu
Highlighted
Davidrvv79
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Amazon Prime

Hi

I've recieved my Amazon Prime activation code and followed the details. I'm already a member paying £7.99 a month so during activation it said that We see you are already a member of Amazon Prime so we will extend for a further 12 months. Does this mean I will stop paying my £7.99 monthly payment to Amazon Prime? 

Thanks people

0 Kudos
chenks
Community elder
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Amazon Prime

it sounds like you will receive a free 12 months "after" your existing subscription expires.
the word "extend" is the crucial part of the notification.
0 Kudos
wez
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Sounds like its what Chenks said - you might need to cancel your paid sub first.

Check with Amazon first though.

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I would expect Amazon to stop taking payments as you are now covered for 12 months from whenever your current paid month ends. 

If you have a look at your Amazon account page and click on the Prime section, the renewal date should now be a date in 2020 rather than a date next month.

If you cancel your existing sub then you would lose the free 12 months as you have already attached the code to your account.

My setup: V6 TV box, M350 Fibre broadband with Hub 3 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
Lisagittens82
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi I joined virgin 2 weeks ago and still not received the amazon prime code. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Lisagittens82,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. I am sorry to hear you've not received the code.

Let me look into this for you, I'll go ahead and send you a quick PM.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
RJones1980
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Same..joined with the Ultimate OOmph package and it has been over 6 weeks with no Amazon Prime code..was told I'd get it in my email within 10 days of activation.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Sorry to hear of this RJones1980,

I would like to take a look into your account to see why you haven't yet got the code, please respond to the private message that I will send over in a moment and I can look into this further for you.

Regards

Steven_L

0 Kudos