cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

All services out in the area

carni2k5
Dialled in

All my services are down Broadband, TV and Phone in my area then I realised you can get refunded for each day of loss of service and it states it’s so easy to claim it but as you might guess it’s not! I did a service check and apparently it’s estimated time of fix is 3pm our service as been out since early hours not good if working from home.

9 REPLIES 9

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

There's info on the loss of service compensation scheme here , but amongst other things it only kicks in 2 complete working days after a fault is reported. If you're off-service today, the clock won't start ticking until Tuesday I suspect.

Many faults are fixed before the estimated time, unless that's a planned outage.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thank you for the reply my query was actually registering for loss of service, the link you added I’ve already seen which doesn’t have a link to register I’ve also been on the website there isn’t a link on there either. You say Tuesday before I can claim which is actually 4 working days today Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Monday would be 4 working days and 5 days without service. My problem is really that there is no link to actually register for loss of service anywhere which makes it almost impossible to register. Oh and the service is still down and my phone data is almost out which means I’d need to pay more for extra data.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

It's been a while since I had to cause to do this, but I think if you call in there should be an option to be told "there's a fault" and to register your interest.

Try the automated line if you haven't already - 0800 5610061. If not that, then the standard C/S number. 0345 4541111 from any other phone.

Edited to add that as for the timescales, I'm only surmising as to how this is calculated, but compensation only kicks in 2 full working days after the LOS is logged. That time-off-service in the meantime is a weekend - AFAIK - is immaterial.

So you log it today, the 2 full working days grace will be Friday & Monday. Compensation is then due if you're not restored on Tuesday.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Seems like Virgin aren’t actually counting the day it actually went off and Saturday and Sunday as days of loss of Service it’s not very good for anyone who works from home and works weekends. I also can’t ring them while the service is down so it seems that you can only register once the service is up and running again so all in all pointless registering at all. Oh and service is still down after the 3pm estimated time of repair.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Once your initial "two full working days" have elapsed, then absolutely weekends are counted as off-service days - but you have to get over that hurdle first.

You can call VM from any working phone at landline rates using 0345 4544111

And remember Virgin Media is primarily a residential service, not intended for business use. If you require uninterrupted service during the day, you should have a duplicate connection and/or business account.

This was all hypothetical and I was trying to put across how if all your services were off it’s not possible to contact VM until service was back on and there are a lot of people still working from home because of pandemic what your saying is that I should have two different media company contracts in case one goes down. I was basically finding something to do while my service was down. I guess I’ll go and get a jigsaw out whilst still waiting.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@carni2k5 wrote:

This was all hypothetical and I was trying to put across how if all your services were off it’s not possible to contact VM until service was back on

Except it is possible to do exactly that, as I explained above. You can call 0345 4541111 from any UK phone.

I don't see any further point engaging in this thread.

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
The 0800 number will give you the most up to date info and there is an option on there (via key press) to start the compensation process if the fault is total outage and over 2 days old

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

I don’t understand why your getting annoyed I was only stating how difficult it was to register a service outage if you have no service. It says it can be done very simply online or by phone but as I’ve stated without any service Broadband, TV and Phone all down. Anyway enough said as it happens we’re up and running again. Thank You both for taking the time to comment.