cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

All good things come to an end ?

vtwintoe
Joining in

As other customers have stated the service and charges have become ridiculous!

Tried to stay with virgin Media as we have been with them from the very start with every service

Spoke with one sales dept they could not take much off our monthly charges so put me through to customer leaving dept but again as others have said, these people could not speak English and it was very difficult to communicate properly.

Half way through the conversation with them trying to knock prices down they put me on hold for 3 mins then cut me off so I would have to start the whole process again!

Best just cancel Direct Debit then they will get the message. May effect my Credit rating?

Virgin Media customer base is lacking service ?  

Sky offering a £25 a month package for 18mnths so may as well jump ship...saving £50 per month!

No Brainer really! Until they stick prices up when contract ends there too....

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jamesofmerton
Super solver
'Wonder if Mr Branson has been informed his Virgin Media customer base is in free fall? '

this is embarrassing for you...'richard' has never owned vigin media. they are owned by liberty global.

'Best just cancel Direct Debit then they will get the message'

they certainly will, as will their debt collectors and the credit reference agencies who will mess up your credit record for 6 years. failure to get credit from loans to phone contracts highly likely.

sky customers will follow you in the opposite direction. as new customers they will get discounts with virgin, that is the way business works.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

jamesofmerton
Super solver
'Wonder if Mr Branson has been informed his Virgin Media customer base is in free fall? '

this is embarrassing for you...'richard' has never owned vigin media. they are owned by liberty global.

'Best just cancel Direct Debit then they will get the message'

they certainly will, as will their debt collectors and the credit reference agencies who will mess up your credit record for 6 years. failure to get credit from loans to phone contracts highly likely.

sky customers will follow you in the opposite direction. as new customers they will get discounts with virgin, that is the way business works.

Thanks for the corrections and advice James.

Not embarrassed at all!

I am willing to be the ill-informed Fool on any Social media Platform as long as problems are discussed or resolved. 

Only wish I could be contacted so quickly from my other public services from someone so well informed...

Yes no doubt new customers always receive preferential service going either way.....

The personal Credit record effect is rather a shock sounds like another fear factor but will look into that to be sure.......

Keep up the great advice!

Much appreciated.

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Branson has nothing whatsoever to do with VM - their Parent company - Liberty Global - just pay a fee to use the name.

Just give your 30-days notice (options 1,1,4,4) and wait for the "retentions team" to call you back in that period with a "best offer" to stay. Note that is always a one-off - take it or leave it offer - no second call will come. So be setting it up your new provider in that period

And never, ever, just cancel the direct debit or your credit rating will be affected and bailiffs will come a knocking to recover the debt... one of many examples here...

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Community-Natter/new-credit-file-default-affecting-mortgage-app...

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Hey thank you so much John.

We really do appreciate your insightful advice.

Definitely happier Posting my Gripes on here, after

getting so much help and guidance makes me feel warm inside! 

My faith in Humanity has been lifted up a notch today.

Brilliant!

Happy Trails Guys.