Menu
harrykiltro
Joining in
Message 11 of 37
Flag for a moderator

Re: NEW Sky Sports App - VERY Slow

Hi Josh,

Is there a fix for this jumpy picture on the new sky sports player or what's happening.

I am having the exact same problems and it's very frustrating.

0 Kudos
mikegraves
Joining in
Message 12 of 37
Flag for a moderator

Another increasing angry and unsatisfied customer here.  This needs to be fixed ASAP unless you want us to go elsewhere.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 13 of 37
Flag for a moderator

Hi all,

I'm really sorry for the trouble you're experiencing with the new Sky Player.

We've had quite a few reports of this issue and we're currently waiting for an update from Sky as to a resolution.

As soon as we hear anything we'll update the Community.

All the best

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

strawfoot
On our wavelength
Message 14 of 37
Flag for a moderator

Hi Josh

Thanks for getting back to us, it's nice to at least have someone acknowledge the problem. 

Strawfoot

Graemereaper
On our wavelength
Message 15 of 37
Flag for a moderator

Hi folks.

I've just downloaded the new Sky Sports app tonight on my laptop and it's doing exactly the same as you all describe. Absolutely raging!

The only reason I downloaded it onto the laptop is that, after downloading it via Google App Store on my tablet, it stated that live streaming wasn't supported. The old version of the app played perfectly well on both tablet and laptop.

I guess I'm not watching the cricket tomorrow then. 😔

Come on Virgin, get this sorted!!
0 Kudos
bailey78
Joining in
Message 16 of 37
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

I've had this exact same problem since the new sky sports player was launched. I've noticed it works for about 30 seconds when the picture is bad when you first launch the player, but as soon as the picture quality goes to 100% with high resolution it is unwatchable as mentioned already. I was planning on watching loads of the golf on my laptop at weekend and cricket today, but it's impossible to do either, whereas the old system was great. It's almost as though the new picture quality is not compatible with laptops and devices and mine is a decent, new laptop. Something's seriously wrong somewhere. I've seen various forums and posts where people have been complaining about this for weeks.

Owen

Graemereaper
On our wavelength
Message 17 of 37
Flag for a moderator

Spot on with the description of the problem. You'd think there'd be people paid to sort this pre-launch. 😩
0 Kudos
strawfoot
On our wavelength
Message 18 of 37
Flag for a moderator

As this is issue is happening for so many customers, either the app wasn't tested properly before release or they (Sky/Virgin) decided to push it out to a fixed deadline with known errors.
Graemereaper
On our wavelength
Message 19 of 37
Flag for a moderator

So, Virgin Media, any response to this? Looks like I'm about to miss the coverage of another test match starting tomorrow because this isn't sorted.
0 Kudos
passostelvio
Tuning in
Message 20 of 37
Flag for a moderator

Has anybody heard anything? At all?

I've just bitten the bullet and coughed up for a NowTV pass for the week. Apart from the lip syncing (which has always been an issue with Sky Sports), the quality is immaculate -- on the same ancient laptop that can't run the new Sky Sports desktop app. However, I really resent having to shell out eleven quid for a service that I've already paid for.

Could somebody from Virgin please give some indication of a timeline for a fix. Otherwise I'm simply going to cancel my Sky Sports add-on.
0 Kudos