Check your service statusCable National
Searching for something?
Fresh as a Daisy
jospot1974

why wont my laptop connect to the superhub??

HELP ME PLEASE!!!! I received my virgin media superhub yesterday and i can connect everything to it except my sony vaio laptop? My Acer laptop connects and my iphone but the vaio doesnt yet it will connect on my old network and on my friends network but not with the superhub. Does anyone know why this is any help will be greatly appreciated :smileyhappy:.

Kind regards

Joanne x

Please use plain text.
Superuser
griffin

Re: why wont my laptop connect to the superhub??

Does the Sony have an Aetheros wireless card? If you are using Vista there is a sticky at the top of the forum describing a Windows update to fix the problem.

If not I would check that the wireless card drivers are up to date. I would also double check the network settings on the laptop, easy enough to miss a channel or encryption mismatch.

Please use plain text.
The Sorcerer’s Apprentice
kprnutz

griffin wrote:

Does the Sony have an Aetheros wireless card? If you are using Vista there is a sticky at the top of the forum describing a Windows update to fix the problem.

If not I would check that the wireless card drivers are up to date. I would also double check the network settings on the laptop, easy enough to miss a channel or encryption mismatch.

the fix at top of page does not work my wireless drivers are upto date the virgin hub is junk i wish they would just say so instead of all this b.s. they keep putting out 

Please use plain text.
Superuser
griffin

Just because the fix doesn't work for you, doesn't mean it won't work for others. I think VM now know that the wireless on the superhub is rubbish, hence them developing the firmware improvements and a bridge mode so you can connect a decent wireless router to it. They probably tested it on a ZX 81 with complete disregard  to the gaming community.

Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
johnharrylloyd

Hi, i'm having the same problem with my vaio computer were/what is the 'sticky' you described, i can't find it

Please use plain text.
Gandalf
Pete_R

Hi johnharrylloyd,

The sticky the posters are referring to can be found at this link.  If you have an atheros card and you're still having issues, you may need to obtain the latest drivers for your card from the manufacturer, you can usually find these by searching for the make of your card plus drivers on google.

Regards,

Peter Rafferty

Help and Support Forum Team

If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution? You can also help other users find useful posts by Tagging them with keywords.

If you are new to the forum, please remember to search the forum before posting your question.
Please use plain text.