Just joined
pusspow
Helpful Answer

password for virginmedia 019311 wifi

Hi ,

I just got an Amazon Kindle and have been trying to get on line through my router.

Kindle detects good strength on  Virgin media 019311 band. However, to get connected  I need a password for that band,

Anyone know the password or how to get it please ?????

Thanks Adrian

Please use plain text.
Tech Wizard III
ravenstar68

Re: password for virginmedia 019311 wifi

[ Edited ]
You don't say what kind of router you are using, however if you log into your router from your pc. Type the router's web address, (usually 192.168.1.1) into a web browser on your pc it should take you to your routers login page. If these have not been changed you should be able to use the default username, password combination to log into your router and retrieve the wireless password.

I don't Work for Virgin, All ideas used at your own risk
To say thanks click on the Kudos star.
If a post has solved your problem, please mark as helpful answer.
Please use plain text.
Pro II
paultechy

more than likely you have virginmedia hub, if you look on the back/side of the router will have sticker saying passphrase this is your wifi password, to have it checked you can goto

http://192.168.0.1 username admin password changeme 

if click on wireless settings this will show the passphrase to use. 

----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
Please use plain text.
Whiz Kid I
Mark_Wilco

Hi pusspow

Do you stil need support with this or has the advice from the other members sorted this for you?

Mark_Wilco
Help & Support Forum Team

If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as a Helpful Answer? You can also help other users find useful posts by Tagging them with keywords.
Got a problem? Check for faults online with our new service status and fault checker

If you are new to the forum, please remember to search the forum before posting your question. Please don't send private messages directly to the forum team unless they ask you to, post your issue to the forum first.
Please use plain text.
Settled in nicely I
Skydiver7

Hi. sorry to jump onto the back of someone elses thread but I cannot find anything that relates to a pass phrase on my router. It's a DSL 2640R. I've tried to connect my laptop wirelessly and have tried the phrase 'preinstall' and when it finds my router it just goes into a loop and does not connect. It can see the router and the strength is great but will not connect.

Any ideas please?

Many thanks.

Please use plain text.
Pro II
BenMcr

[ Edited ]

Skydiver7 wrote:

Hi. sorry to jump onto the back of someone elses thread but I cannot find anything that relates to a pass phrase on my router. It's a DSL 2640R. I've tried to connect my laptop wirelessly and have tried the phrase 'preinstall' and when it finds my router it just goes into a loop and does not connect. It can see the router and the strength is great but will not connect.

Any ideas please?

Many thanks.

This may help as you it's a different default WPA key if you are a National customer with a D-Link router:

How to change the wireless network name and password on National with a D-Link router

Please note that the default wireless password for your router is the word virgin followed by your main account password. For example, if your main account password is dave321, your wireless security key would be virgindave321.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
Please use plain text.
Settled in nicely I
Skydiver7

Many thanks for this. All sorted now.

Please use plain text.
Tech Wizard III
Paul_B

Good news, thanks for the update.

Regards.

Paul Buchanan
Help & Support Forum Team

If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as a Helpful Answer? You can also help other users find useful posts by Tagging them with keywords.

Got a problem? Check for faults online with our new service status and fault checker

If you are new to the forum, please remember to search the forum before posting your question. Please don't send private messages directly to the forum team unless they ask you to, post your issue to the forum first.
Please use plain text.