Check your service statusCable National
Searching for something?
Making Waves
Philjay

iPad and iPhone connection problems

I've recently started with Virgin media and have broadband connected through the Superhub. I'm having few problems with connecting to my laptop (although I'd like to up the wireless speed from the current 12Mb to nearer the connected speed of 32Mb) but just can't get my iPad or iPhone up and running reliably in terms of internet access.

Both devices can see the network but connections are exceptionally slow. Using speed test apps I'm getting download speeds varying wildly between zero and 1 or 2Mb (with the majority of time being spent nearer the zero mark). Very occasionally I'll get a spike up to around 4Mb. Even more bizarrely, the upload speeds are coming in at around 2.5Mb.

I'm sure that this is something that can be solved via changing settings in the router - but I just don't know where to start. So grateful for any advice you can offer.

Please use plain text.
Superuser
adacom

Re: iPad and iPhone connection problems

start here

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Wireless/Super-Hub-Wireless-Issues-FAQ/td-p/361803

first thing to do is change the mode from 300 to 145 and make sre you are on 2.4Ghz

look at channels 

but it has to be said the super hub is not that good on wireless - it works fos some but not others

if you have a wireless router - the quick and [usually] easy fix is to put the super hub in modem mode and use your own router

Tony
Please use plain text.
Making Waves
Philjay

Thanks adacom. Useful additional info. I did find a fix from jimGY89 here - http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Wireless/Wifi-issues-with-iphone-4/m-p/1045853 - which got me up and running last night (I also changed the channel). Moderate connection last night but tried again very early this morning and got a blistering 25.87Mb as maximum download and 2.79Mb upload. Pretty impressive (but I was almost on top of the router).

Please use plain text.
Good to Know
Oliver_C

Hi Philjay, 

Thanks for letting us know that the advice on the forums have resolved your issue. How has your connection been since?

Kind Regards,

Oliver C

Help & Support Forum Team

If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as a Helpful Answer? You can also help other users find useful posts by Tagging them with keywords.

If you are new to the forum, please remember to search the forum before posting your question. Please don't send private messages directly to the forum team unless they ask you to, post your issue to the forum first.
Please use plain text.
Making Waves
Philjay

Oliver, Pretty good is the answer - from a user, rather than a scientific, perspective. Just tested on iPhone and iPad (main access to the Internet these days) and download speeds of between 16 and 20Mb using a speed test app (Xtreme Speedtest). Does rather depend on which speed test app I'm using and not helped by the fact that the Uswitch app has started crashing (coincidence as this was showing by far and away the lowest download speeds of nearer 1-2Mb?). Philjay
Please use plain text.