Check your service statusCable National
Ask a question
Making Waves
robby27

connecting my laptop to Virgin Media Hub VMDG280

Hi,

Can anyone please give me in laymans terms a 'step by step guide' on how to connect my laptop to the

Virgin Media Hub VMDG280.

I have read the online guide, but a little confused by the instructions eg do i connect ethernet cable & power

cable, and do i change any of the information, thats on the side of the hub, Please help i dont want to damage

anything. thanking you all in anticipation. rob

Please use plain text.
Forum Team
Ralph_R

Re: connecting my laptop to Virgin Media Hub VMDG280

Hi robby27,

I'm not sure if this is the online guide you're referring to. It should be as per the instructions, although if you intend to use wireless then the ethernet connection is not required. 

Ralph
Help & Support Forum Team

Problem Solved?Fault with your service?We did warn you!
Please use plain text.
Making Waves
robby27

Hi Ralph_R,

I have the Virgin Media Hub VMDG280, not the Super Hub is there a big difference between these Hubs .? My laptop is a Dell 600 with Wireless Adapter Installed. I started the procedure, got to Typing in Network Key twice,  then where i was a little Confused, was which one of the Virgin Media Availables, to Click, so anyway i clicked one of them, then in the Tray Bottom Right it tried to Connect, but just didnt complete. Can you please tell me if and where, im going wrong. Rob. and does it matter which Virgin Media Availables, i click on?

Please use plain text.
Brainbox
rees_k

[ Edited ]

Hi robby27,

To ensure you connect to the right wireless network, you will need to check the SSID on the Hubs label. 

The information panel on the side of the Hub, which will show you the network name (SSID) and network security key (Passphrase) you need in order to get connected. The panel looks like this:

Please ensure you are entering the right details and selecting the right network, and you should be able to connect successfully to your wireless network.

If the above steps fail to work, it may be worth logging into the Hub configuration page to ensure the SSID or passphrase have not been changed. To do this, load up http://192.168.0.1 via an ethernet connection , login using the username - admin,  and password - changeme ( unless changed by yourself) and select wireless settings to view the SSID and passphrase. If these details have been changed, then please enter the details as shown in the config pages to connect.

Regards,

rees_k

rees_k
Help & Support Forum Team

Seen a useful post?Problem Solved?Fault with your service?
Please use plain text.